Forum on Thursday

No point - I’d delay it and let Tiger get himself into the job. Re-arrange for later

No point - I’d delay it and let Tiger get himself into the job. Re-arrange for later

Really?! Would have thought now was the absolute ideal time for the new owner from a PR point of view.

It would give an early chance for Tiger to show he wants to engage with the fans and help to allay concerns about his intentions.

That’s coupled with it being a relatively free hit as a) he’s right at the start of his ownership so won’t have any controversial decisions to explain, and b) he’s well within his rights at this stage to say that he can’t answer certain questions as it’s either too early to answer or that he genuinely doesn’t know something.

The only way in which it might not be feasible in my view is if we haven’t announced our new manager by then. If it any way holds up the recruitment process you’d call it off, but I’d hope our new boss will be in the building by then.

And if so, they can join too and explain where we’re going next (ala DE, MA and MAPP a few years back).

May need a bigger venue of this goes ahead, much more interest than the one at the start of the season and that was standing room only!

Wasn’t it supposed to be on Friday? Can’t see it going ahead now. Eales only agreed to it as he was never going to turn up, that’s obvious now, but you can understand a new owner not wanting it a week after buying the club, it’s also just before a huge game for the club against Fleetwood.

But, he may want to give a rallying call to all OUFC supporters to get on board and tell them what his plans are. Could boost the crowd numbers if his plans are what we have envisaged, and trust in him to deliver.

Wasn’t it supposed to be on Friday? Can’t see it going ahead now. Eales only agreed to it as he was never going to turn up, that’s obvious now, but you can understand a new owner not wanting it a week after buying the club, it’s also just before a huge game for the club against Fleetwood.
Is it not a good time for him to speak out about his plans? Get everybody backing what he is trying to achieve with the club going into these final games? If he stays silent people will be on his back like they've been with Eales.

I would suggest that the date was always planned to coincide with the takeover and the forum would have been planned for. As others have said, this is an easy win for Tiger and Bellemy (?) as they can talk about their plans without getting bogged down in any negativity.

I think there are a number of questions to be asked but I'm not sure that we will get many answers just yet.

He is giving an interview on Monday spelling out his vision, whatever that may be, so it’s not exactly an Eales like silence. I actually think it would be good if it happened, but just can’t see it.

It hasn’t been mentioned for ages by the club, which is strange if it is going ahead. It’s also s bit harsh to blame tiger for something that Eales promised when that man had no intention of ever being there. I like Eales but he was never above being a bit liberal with the truth.

There was a bit of speculation on Rad Ox yesterday regarding whether the fans forum would go ahead on Thursday , or be postponed to a later date

If it is 'postponed', that actually makes it twice postponed, as the scheduled for March 1st Fans Forum was initially supposed to have been held in December. As promised by DE at the August Fans Forum!

D.E ownership of the club will, in a few years time be seen as a promotion, two Wembley finals, a hot dog and pint and a lot of bullshit, he took us on his own journey, the opposite of kassunt. It would be good to hear tigers thoughts and hopes.

You will hear them alright. Whether they bear any fruit is another matter..Lets just say we will be here long after he has gone. Its always been that way.

Back
Top Bottom