EPL Football is back

Gary Baldi

It's the Premier League, so not that enthused, but glad to see football be played and something different to watch on TV. We creep back to normal, slowly...

Mike Dean is ref for the Merseyside derby, so we all know how much that man's ego will love all the attention, esp when there is little other competing sport content.

It's the Premier League, so not that enthused, but glad to see football be played and something different to watch on TV. We creep back to normal, slowly...

Mike Dean is ref for the Merseyside derby, so we all know how much that man's ego will love all the attention, esp when there is little other competing sport content.
And no barracking from the stands. There’ll be no holding some of these ‘officials’ back!

Here we go...first top flight game played in june since 1947 apparently....

I agree with the Villa CEO - when the EPL announced they were going to resume the season and attempt to finish the whole thing on the pitch I had my doubts about the timing and suitability of it, but now that we are here, however many weeks later, it doesn't appear to be at all out of keeping with everything else opening up and starting back...

...so why not

Players stood for a minutes silence before kick-off to mark all of the deaths from Coronavirus, then immediately took a knee to symbolise Black Lives Matter.

While important, I just hope the coverage of the latter does not overshadow the former, which in the context is the more significant of the two...

The FIFA crowd sound effects being played over the game on Main Event is just odd.

The FIFA crowd sound effects being played over the game on Main Event is just odd.
Indeed, it doesn't have the anticipation that a live crowd has. Attempts on goal come with a delayed crowd cheer. Weird!!!

27 minutes in - first questionable VAR decision (or lack of) - aahh it's like putting on an old dressing gown...

Indeed, it doesn't have the anticipation that a live crowd has. Attempts on goal come with a delayed crowd cheer. Weird!!!
I've turned the sound off and am playing music now, please tell me there was some delayed booing after the Villa penalty appeal was turned down ?

Surely that was across the line for a Sheff United goal, can't believe the technology didn't give it. Seen it 4 or 5 times now, it looks in every time

Either a Foul or a Goal. No decision is crazy, even without the technology.

Pathetic league, just a tad more pathetic than normal along with lashings of handwringing

The crowd noise is a bit rubbish. Could be done so much better they need to bring in a proper sound editor/producer. I think they were too embarassed to have such crappy goal as the first one in the new era!

I reckon your lord Wilder might be having a whinge about the goal that wasn’t given if they don’t win, that was a clear goal. Just shows that technology just replaces mistakes with a different mistakes, even goal line decisions.

Yeah, sorry lol, just rewatching now!!! terrible non-decision.
Definite goal, no foul, crap decision by VAR not to override the technology decision. TBH, the goalie was over the line so long that the lino should've given it.

Back
Top Bottom