Floodlights

Grumpy Git

From the SSU I counted 20 of the 54 lights were not working last night. This is ok for a moonlit summer evening, but wait until we get to a cold miserable evening in February.
Who is supposed to sort this, Kassam or the club?

It'll be Kassam at a guess so unless we actually have to use candles he won't do anything.

It was the same last season and very little happened then.

If I recall, there are different lighting levels required for different types of games. While I assume that some bulbs have not been replaced for a long time, some may not have been turned on at all.

If I recall, there are different lighting levels required for different types of games. While I assume that some bulbs have not been replaced for a long time, some may not have been turned on at all.
Correct. The lights at the stadium were put in to a rating for things like England age group games and the like. The requirements for league 1 are much lower.

Why on earth is that? Do young England players have weaker eyesight than grizzled L1 pros? Presumably by the time we get down to grass roots football the players are perfectly capable of playing in the pitch dark? I think we should be told!

Why on earth is that? Do young England players have weaker eyesight than grizzled L1 pros? Presumably by the time we get down to grass roots football the players are perfectly capable of playing in the pitch dark? I think we should be told!

Accrington have obviously kept their pub League floodlights then.

I saw the Luminaires playing in Edinburgh once. Same bill as the Natural Ites and the Realistics.

Perish the thought that the club would set the lights so as we can actually see rather than what the bare minimum is. The lights at the stadium when on are superb, the way we have them set is unacceptable given what they are capable of

Think of the customer experience

From the SSU I counted 20 of the 54 lights were not working last night. This is ok for a moonlit summer evening, but wait until we get to a cold miserable evening in February.
Who is supposed to sort this, Kassam or the club?

In my view the club. Its the club who are responsible for the match day experience, its up to them to get away from the seemingly petty disagreements with the stadium owner and do what is right for the people who are paying the admission

I was told by a steward at the Palace game that it was not up to the club to get rid of the birds much all over big areas of seating. Sorry do not buy this as it is completely the responsibility of the club. Its their responsibility to ensure the stadium company put it right, while it may be contractually the stadium company's responsibility I really so not want to hear the club blaming anyone else

BTW Kath Faulkner has picked up the mantle on this one. Lets hope the next 2 weeks sees some cleaning taking place

Kath isn't the only one who has picked up the mantle regarding this issue.

I've spoken with the club and the stadium company and the seats have been cleaned twice this summer and further cleaning is planned before the first game. A falcon has been used to scare the pigeons away, but there are a lot more of them than previous years and they seem to vacate the stadium at day time but come back at night. It would appear other clubs are having similar problems to us.

I noticed on Friday that MK had every single one of their floodlights working and on, whatever the category of the match was supposed to be. Their stadium was clean, tidy and ready for the new season.

Ours is a minimum standard, ill maintained asset of a man who sees the club as nothing but a cash cow. I REALLY dislike that man.

Kath isn't the only one who has picked up the mantle regarding this issue.

I've spoken with the club and the stadium company and the seats have been cleaned twice this summer and further cleaning is planned before the first game. A falcon has been used to scare the pigeons away, but there are a lot more of them than previous years and they seem to vacate the stadium at day time but come back at night. It would appear other clubs are having similar problems to us.
cant mr mixter arrange for machine gun turrets in all four corners of the breeze block? itd make night match half time entertainment more interesting with stewards shooting pigeons out of the sky ...they could have the number of kills theyve notched up acknowleged by adding pigeon silhouettes to be displayed on their hi viz tops?:D:D:D...... or buy a couple of owls ?:unsure:

cant mr mixter arrange for machine gun turrets in all four corners of the breeze block? itd make night match half time entertainment more interesting with stewards shooting pigeons out of the sky ...they could have the number of kills theyve notched up acknowleged by adding pigeon silhouettes to be displayed on their hi viz tops?:D:D:D...... or buy a couple of owls ?:unsure:

There will be 2 plastic Owls available after Nene Park was knocked down last year.

Back
Top Bottom