Away Match Day Thread +++ Fleetwood Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

I really want to be positive, I really do, but we don't seem to have made any progress under KR. We are in the same position as we were last season. Surely after almost 2 seasons in charge there should be some signs of progress. Unfortunately I just can't see it. It could be another long season when really it shouldn't be.

Negative. How dare anyone either predict a defeat for a team that loses a lot or suggest Robbo should be doing better. Go and support Wycombe/Swindon/Oxford City (delete as appropriate).

Negative. How dare anyone either predict a defeat for a team that loses a lot or suggest Robbo should be doing better. Go and support Wycombe/Swindon/Oxford City (delete as appropriate).
Talking of Wycombe, I know Gareth Ainsworth isn’t popular with sections on here, but I do wonder how he’d fair with our squad of players. He seems to be doing a decent job of polishing a turd at the moment..

We need to have a different mindset when we play away from home - it's not sustainable to have to score 2 goals to get a point from a game. We look vulnerable and leave too much space on the counter. Cadden is fine if the midfield is there to cover him. It feels like the formation is just a bit too open at the moment and we aren't managing the games well enough, stopping counter attacks with tactical fouls, taking easy fouls, etc

The team need to grow up quickly. The talent is there, but you can't wait forever for pennies to drop.

I suppose Mous being on the bench shows it was never his fault right?

Talking of Wycombe, I know Gareth Ainsworth isn’t popular with sections on here, but I do wonder how he’d fair with our squad of players. He seems to be doing a decent job of polishing a turd at the moment..
In all honesty, at least he couldnt do worse! 20th in a league of 24 where two teams started on Minus 12. Thats f*****g abysmal.

I really want to be positive, I really do, but we don't seem to have made any progress under KR. We are in the same position as we were last season. Surely after almost 2 seasons in charge there should be some signs of progress. Unfortunately I just can't see it. It could be another long season when really it shouldn't be.
Must admit he did seem to have run out of ideas post match...very disappointing given the cup victories..but we need to start winning obviously esp. given that Bolton now have a junior plus side.

Let’s face it, Robinson is bulletproof at the moment.
We will need to be a lot deeper in the s**t for his position to be in question.
He is here for the duration as You only need to look at last season to see that he has serious leeway.
FWIW, I still think that he will get it right eventually, I just hope that when he does, we are not so far adrift that we cannot make a decent fight for promotion.

I agree the next two games are important, two wins and we can start to move forwards, two losses and we’re really in the s**t...

Yes every word.
You have your opinion and I will have mine ok.

Fine, but please stop pigeon holing an entire phone call as being wholly negative when it wasn't, as on at least 3 occasions Jerome himself pulled the second caller up on factual points the first caller had made, that were valid constructive points.

Until we stop this “we must score two goals to even stand a chance of taking a point” nonsense that ruined so much of last season, and is now rearing its head once more this time out, we will never get anywhere. Simple facts. We changed how we played at the back end of last season and went on a great run. Ditto the season before when we won something like three of the last four to guarantee safety. There’s no point digging holes for ourselves in the first half of the season and leaving ourselves with survival as the only reasonable aim. We need results to build on - period. It’s gone on long enough now. We need to start building momentum, not chasing it when it’s needed for survival rather than progress, or the whole damn thing is pointless. I was as impressed as anybody after Blackpool, and indeed the signing of Matty Taylor (the injury is just damn unfortunate), but our performances since then have been unconvincing. We followed that up with throwing away a lead to concede four at home to Burton and then did the same while conceding three at Bristol. We also conceded three at home to Coventry and were lucky to only concede two today after totally ballsing up every last substitution. It isn’t good enough. The manager needs to take responsibility and so do the players. This can’t be how our seasons go as standard, namely horrendous starts and then a whole season of simply aiming to stay in the same league we started in. We can’t start each game effectively 2-0 down. We can’t have a situation where it’s always okay and we’re just one bobble or one header away from glory. I’ve lost count of how many different types of goals apparently don’t count. Set pieces don’t count, nor shots from distance, nor shots from a slip or a lapse in concentration and so on. According to our manager basically no goals count. Well, they do. And so far we are conceding too many almost weekly, and more often than not we are conceding more than we score. So sod what type of goals are going in, and stop them actually GOING in. Then we can start to move forward.

I’m hopeful we will take six points from the next two games, but FFS, this is such a letdown given some of the players we’ve pushed the boat out for late doors. We need to get results before we fall too far behind the pack. The first 11 games killed our entire season last time. Well, we’re seven in this term, and we are basically in exactly the same spot. It isn’t OTT to suggest we are two or three games from writing the season off and resigning ourselves to another battle to just make sure we stay in this league. And that’s really sad, because money has been spent and desires have been backed.

Time to get this thing going.

Really good post, wholeheartedly agree.

Fine, but please stop pigeon holing an entire phone call as being wholly negative when it wasn't, as on at least 3 occasions Jerome himself pulled the second caller up on factual points the first caller had made, that were valid constructive points.
I refer to my original point that he only comes on when we lose. I am not the only one that says it either.

I refer to my original point that he only comes on when we lose. I am not the only one that says it either.

Well that is factually inaccurate, as Jerome had previously pointed out.
Maybe people should actually listen to what he says and not pretend to hear what he says.
In any case its simply one persons opinion, whatever is said is valid.

Back
Top Bottom