Away Match Day Thread +++ Fleetwood Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

The point was that I was somehow being blamed for the defeat by one of our local idiots!! My point was, whilst I was optimistic, a defeat wouldn't have been the greatest surprise based on our history and their form etc. So to therefore say that my predictions contributed to us losing is bizarre!

Like I’ve said before, don’t be so hard on yourself.

I think Karl has to achieve a minimum of four points from the next two games or serious consideration of a new manager. I notice Mapp is still unemployed.

I think Karl has to achieve a minimum of four points from the next two games or serious consideration of a new manager. I notice Mapp is still unemployed.
Appleton is at West Brom and wouldn’t drop down to div 3. I don’t think Karl is going anywhere

Robinson is going nowhere, for better or worse. He’s going to have to sort it out and needs to be held to account if he can’t manage that. But he might, and we all hope that’s the case.

Appleton is not manager there though. I agree that Karl isnt going anywhere just yet though results are going to have to improve sharpish

Robinson is going nowhere, for better or worse. He’s going to have to sort it out and needs to be held to account if he can’t manage that. But he might, and we all hope that’s the case.
The spirit and effort are there, and last week the late goals. Only when they go are managers in danger

I watched on iplayer (am abroad atm), and the good news is that we're not terrible. The bad news is that we're just not very good. You could immediately see how well organised Fleetwood were, whereas it was hard to see how we were set up and what we were trying to do. Midfield were outnumbered and I couldn't really see where a goal would come from in open play. I like Mackie for all the effort but he's got no pace and can't finish. Once we get Agyei and Taylor back, we should be ok. But only just. Dickie will be the next to be sold by our moneybags Chairman. The difference between him and Moore was clear. Moore was decent actually but he doesn't dominate. Dickie is starting to look like a powerful centre half who could step up a division. It's going to be a long season.....

I watched on iplayer (am abroad atm), and the good news is that we're not terrible. The bad news is that we're just not very good. You could immediately see how well organised Fleetwood were, whereas it was hard to see how we were set up and what we were trying to do. Midfield were outnumbered and I couldn't really see where a goal would come from in open play. I like Mackie for all the effort but he's got no pace and can't finish. Once we get Agyei and Taylor back, we should be ok. But only just. Dickie will be the next to be sold by our moneybags Chairman. The difference between him and Moore was clear. Moore was decent actually but he doesn't dominate. Dickie is starting to look like a powerful centre half who could step up a division. It's going to be a long season.....

have to disagree, Moore and Dickie were both excellent and moore won virtual every header to my recollection but it seems some of our fans think the other team will never have the ball.

Both sides had a great cross put in that was just out of reach at the back post,mackie and maddon, you say we were outnumbered but how many saves other than basic soft straight at him did Eastwood have to make?

as i said on another thread Both sides had good spells of possession and there was little between the two

...but we’ve conceded yet another free header in the six yard box.Five in seven league matches:

Fleetwood - Peter Clarke
Coventry - Matt Godden
Bristol R - Jonson Clarke-Harris
Burton - Jake Buxton
Blackpool - Ryan Edwards

Well I don’t know. I’m quite simple and don’t really understand the number 10 role. I know we’re light up front and Henry is one of our main men who has to be used correctly. When he plays well we usually do well. And is Cadden all that? He runs up and down and hits crosses that are blocked for corners, but they aren’t leading to goals. Someone far cleverer than me needs to sort it out - we’re not a million miles off.
Think I have to disagree with you respectfully, I think cadden has been one of our best players so far with brannagan. He is constantly the only available outlet, okay his crossing is a little erratic but if they were spot on every time he wouldn't be at this level. Henry on the other hand I agree with you, he is a top player no doubt about it but he is frustrating that he is either playing in the wrong position or just sometimes he doesn't look interested and then like you say when he is playing poorly we generally seem to as a team.

As much as I like watching Cadden play, we are looking weak at the back and have little end product upfront, and he contributes to both. For all the runs and crosses, few chances are being created and Cadden needs to work on those final balls. I think he also needs to start his runs a little deeper so that if play breaks down he has less space behind him to make up.

But I don't entirely blame Cadden as his options are very limited. I think Matty Taylor will prove to be a far more effective target man than Mackie and there will be a greater output to his crosses. I also think Taylor and Woodburn will develop a good partnership in the 9 and 10 roles. That will allow Brannagan to sit a little deeper and support Gorrin in covering the defence. We have been looking too isolated with Gorrin sat in front of the back four, then Brannagan in front if him, then Woodburn/Henry and then Mackie. It's no coincidence that we are getting dominated in midfield with teams simply playing 2 or 3 disciplined midfielders against us. A 4-2-3-1 formation needs discipline in the 4 and 2, and we haven't yet got that right.

I don't demand anything, don't speak for the club and certainly have no influence over results!!

If it makes you feel better to take your frustrations out on me, then crack on! But it's entirely pointless to say the least!

"crack on" not the best phrase given your username

Back
Top Bottom