Flags tomorrow?

No, you just enter the ground at the normal time and hang you flag up. It's not rocket science.

Well the Ultras normally have to do it around 10am. Definitely not anytime after 12. The club don't allow it. So why would anyone who wants to put their flags up be different? Surely that's prioritising one group of supporters over another, which Mixter said he definitely wouldn't do.

Kamal is pretty much spot on there. Initially (and I’m talking 2011ish) there weren’t any issues with putting the flags up whenever.

Generally speaking three of us went to the pub and then left about 2ish to put them up. Possibly 3 years ago or so we were asked to go in early so as not to encourage other people from climbing over the back wall.

I don’t know what Mixter etc. are like now but I imagine they’re probably enforcing this a little more heavily.

I’d be surprised if any of the security let anyone put a flag up on the back wall before kick off. If they do let you, bring some good black tape as it leaks down the back wall.

The excuse of no flags impacting the singing is embarrassing imo. It’s also got to the point where I think the ultras are kicking up a fuss for the sake of it.

Like Dave said, they had their chance to attend the OxVox meeting to have their views heard but chose not to.

Maybe a few older heads in the east stand could show the ultras how an atmosphere can be created without the need for every squad player to have their own song.

What’s stopping these older heads exactly? Too busy lambasting the youth in some cases it seems.

Shame really as football is in all honesty a young man’s game in terms of it meaning more. As we get older, it naturally becomes a bit less important for most (I’d hope) as priorities and lifestyles change.

The new generation of fans deserve support and encouragement - not sarcasm and blockages as others seem quick to deploy.

What’s stopping these older heads exactly? Too busy lambasting the youth in some cases it seems.

Shame really as football is in all honesty a young man’s game in terms of it meaning more. As we get older, it naturally becomes a bit less important for most (I’d hope) as priorities and lifestyles change.

The new generation of fans deserve support and encouragement - not sarcasm and blockages as others seem quick to deploy.
Unfortunately the ultras are in this transition. A new young fresh group is probably needed to keep it going.

The ultras (pathetic word by the way) are a bunch of spoilt jumped brats who have far to much to say for themselves.

It’s an adopted name, used by many other similar groups, not a name/term they coined themselves. Don’t quite understand why people get so uptight about it.
I think some of the posters on here are worried that they may be enjoying themselves in a way they (the whingers) can't.

Would be interesting to see how many people here have tried to start chants or improve the atmosphere in any way..

I should imagine the current members like those previous have realised there are many more enjoyable things to do on a Saturday for the same or less money with the same group of friends.

Seems we’ll all be able to focus on the great football and enjoyable match day experience from now on instead of those bloody ultras. Thank goodness.

When’s the next home game? I can’t wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom