Flags tomorrow?

Ox4Eva

Anyone know of the flags are going up on the east stand tomorrow?

If not it may well be worth people bringing their own flags and hanging them up, just a thought.

That's a good idea, but short term for tomorrow it's worth maybe bringing your own flags.

So have the flag guys now left for ever? A few questions:
Is it because of the attitude of one man (Mixter)?
Have they decided to ‘not support Oxford’ because of their treatment by management?
Do they think removal of the flags helps the team’s performance?
Are they grumpy because we lost 7-0?
Are they as fickle as they are beginning to seem?
I appreciate that putting up flags on a match day is a time-consuming event, but is it all too much effort now?
Genuinely interested....

Let’s push on with the idea put forward at the Oxvox meeting. A big painted mural along the back. Doesn’t mater about the flags then. Kassam is open to it as it improves the look of the ugly wall from the corporate areas. So should just be about design and funding
If kassam likes the idea then surely that's a bloody good reason NOT to do it .

Let’s push on with the idea put forward at the Oxvox meeting. A big painted mural along the back. Doesn’t mater about the flags then. Kassam is open to it as it improves the look of the ugly wall from the corporate areas. So should just be about design and funding
If kassam likes the idea then surely that's a bloody good reason NOT to do it .

Well that’s the thing, people moan about the stadium, then when he lets us make it feel more like Home u get comments like that. U want colour on match days, u have to have the owners permission, it won’t take 2 hours to put up and take down every week, there is no health and safety or stewarding issue.

The ultras designed and created most of the banners themselves, could always let them paint it.

So have the flag guys now left for ever? A few questions:
Is it because of the attitude of one man (Mixter)?
Have they decided to ‘not support Oxford’ because of their treatment by management?
Do they think removal of the flags helps the team’s performance?
Are they grumpy because we lost 7-0?
Are they as fickle as they are beginning to seem?
I appreciate that putting up flags on a match day is a time-consuming event, but is it all too much effort now?
Genuinely interested....
Could it be pathetic posts on internet forums questioning why they bother?
Genuinely interested...

Could it be pathetic posts on internet forums questioning why they bother?
Genuinely interested...
Very interested in why you’ve chosen not to reply to the questions about the motivation for removing the flags.

Was not looking to create an argument lads, was making a suggestion to bring our own flags and put them up..

Very interested in why you’ve chosen not to reply to the questions about the motivation for removing the flags.
Apologies. My best guess is that they've now become Cheltenham Town fans due to the huge emotional turmoil of a 7-0 defeat. Or if the flags don't enter the stadium, they don't either.

Sarcastic answers to sarcastic questions aside, the new head of security has obviously made things 10x harder for them going by the unneccessary ticket checks. Club treatment hasn't helped either judging by previous meetings that were posted on here. I've hardly heard great things about Ian Mixter from various sources either, from history to his current position.

All this "throwing toys out the pram" and "do they need a cuddle" is more childish than anyting the Ultras could be accused of. They're mostly in their 20s now and would probably be more than happy to have a pint over it in the Blackbird on a matchday. Even the largest Ultras groups in the world won't need to put up as many banners on a matchday as Oxford do for that back wall. Let's not forget they only started doing it because no other fans were bringing flags to games and doing it themselves. Stewards will allow any fan to climb over there and hang a flag up, yet 0 do. Lincoln Yellows flag is the only different one I've seen up there, actually, so fair play to him for helping out.

The mural on the wall is the best (and thankfully constructive) idea I've seen so far. Some permanent yellow in place so the Ultras could focus on displays in a small area each game instead of putting all of their efforts into hanging banners every matchday morning?

So let’s get it sorting, it’s starting to turn into more about willy waving than flag waving. I get the arguments from both sides. There was a chance to discuss this a week ago, no one from the ultras turned up. I’ve seen it said it was because it was a long way on a week night when there wasn’t anyone important there. Well that’s not likely to find a solution, there was someone important there, a new MD who like others was very appreciative of the colour the ultras add to games, a man whos initial task is to find out and put right reducing crowds and atmosphere. So actually it was a bloody good opportunity to put the case across. Not to mention he’s also mr mixters direct manager up the chain of command. Now the new area was never going to work instantly from an ultras point of view, taking time to build and work on, couldn’t it just be that is the same from the clubs point of view? Sorting out the hard ticket checks isn’t a major issue, people have offered help to do just that. So would it not be easier to just sort it and find a compromise (they ain’t just going to let u do as u wish) and move on for the good of the club from both sides

Aside from the flags issue. I can understand folks rather having a pint before the game. But the lack of singing last few games, what's the reason for that? Have they seriously become so disillusioned they no longer attend games at all... because that would be a great shame for everyone.

Anyone know of the flags are going up on the east stand tomorrow?

If not it may well be worth people bringing their own flags and hanging them up, just a thought.

That would involve people getting into the ground early in the morning..

Aside from the flags issue. I can understand folks rather having a pint before the game. But the lack of singing last few games, what's the reason for that? Have they seriously become so disillusioned they no longer attend games at all... because that would be a great shame for everyone.
The club had two fantastic seasons prior to this one. Cup runs, Wembley, A420 derbies, exciting young players..... then................. it all went flat. Manager left, players left, performances were less than exciting, early exits from cups and takeover talk. The club will recover.. Us fans are the club we just need to pick ourselves up after coming off the adrenaline rush and rebuild the support as the management rebuild the squad! Keep the faith!

The excuse of no flags impacting the singing is embarrassing imo. It’s also got to the point where I think the ultras are kicking up a fuss for the sake of it.

Like Dave said, they had their chance to attend the OxVox meeting to have their views heard but chose not to.

Maybe a few older heads in the east stand could show the ultras how an atmosphere can be created without the need for every squad player to have their own song.

The club had two fantastic seasons prior to this one. Cup runs, Wembley, A420 derbies, exciting young players..... then................. it all went flat. Manager left, players left, performances were less than exciting, early exits from cups and takeover talk. The club will recover.. Us fans are the club we just need to pick ourselves up after coming off the adrenaline rush and rebuild the support as the management rebuild the squad! Keep the faith!

Just a shame it didn't last more than two seasons, especially after having 20+ poor seasons. I think we've had our fair share of shiteness to have more than 2 seasons of glory (ish) seasons.

I guess the whole take over situation had had a major effect on that, let's just hope the whole thai thingy has been put to bed, but I fear that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom