General Fixtures

Especially as the 2020 final hasn’t even been played or scheduled yet.
An excellent point that I had forgotten about. Does that just not exist anymore? Are we starting a new competition while leaving the old one with an unsettled final? Surely even if it’s just factored into the clubs’ respective pre-season schedules, almost like a friendly game the week before the league games begin, you get that game played and close it up?

According to Pompey’s club website they’re cracking on with the scheduled 2020/21 competition fixtures and will fit the 2019/20 final in when they can. As an afterthought. Just to really demonstrate where the competition features in the list of competition priorities.....

maybe they could have last years final on the same day as this seasons.
if pompey or Salford get through again they can have one am and one pm ?

It’s an absolute farce that they’ve allowed these Prem under 21’s in. The competition is pointless, and nobody can be bothered attending the games nowadays.

We should just give the youngsters the games ie Stevens, Jones, Spasov,Lopes,Elechi, and Sole and a few fringe players valuable game time. That’s how I’d treat it.

And here are the fixtures we could’ve won, if anybody feels like plunging themselves back into the depths of despair:

And here are the fixtures we could’ve won, if anybody feels like plunging themselves back into the depths of despair:

I’d rather win the bloody speedboat than think about that Wycombe game again

Just noticed that when we are playing AFC Wombles our KO is at 15:00 and England are playing at 17:00... That's my day sorted then, as long as our game is streamed somewhere.

Has away fans not being allowed all season been officially confirmed, or is it another classic forum example of people stating their beliefs as fact? Given how the current government seem to be playing things by ear and opening up things as and when, I don't see why away fans might not be allowed in May 2021, when we might have a vaccine etc? (Unless it's been officially announced already in which case I apologise)

The Government/PHE sent out advice to all clubs on how fans may be accommodated this season. Away fans are currently not included in any plans, and it is extremely unlikely that they will be allowed in to any league games this season. The exception may be Cup games, at neutral venues but that will be reviewed nearer the time.

Stadiums will be limited to around 30% capacity, which for us, and many clubs, will only cover season ticket holders. These fans will need to be spread out throughout the ground, with spacing between all seats. Sunderland are already asking all season ticket holders to identify if they are in already recognised "bubbles" to help plan seating, and I expect that we will follow. It is easier to manage 1000 bubbles of 4 people from the same household than it is to accommodate 4000 individuals.

The hope will be that we will be able to increase home attendance above 50% when restriction ease before anyone even begins to consider away fans.

I’d rather win the bloody speedboat than think about that Wycombe game again
That game was one of the most painful I have seen and there have been a few! Now the dust has settled I dont feel so bad in div 1 it gives KR a chance to create an even better team than last season without getting battered most weeks as will probably happen to ww. The squad feels potentially better than last season especially if Dickie commits to a years extension to his contract wishful thinking I know. And with the lack of spectators some of the so called glamour of the championship evaporates.

Back
Top Bottom