Matches Fixtures 21/22

I'm thinking of buying a couple of these from The Terrace:

OUFC-Fixtures-mug.png

I am assuming that the club would get a small percentage of sale price?

I'm being told that the club are keen to let the dust settle this week after the mixed ST reaction. I'd not be surprised to see more substantial news filter into next week.
From where does the club get its “mixed reaction”?

Re capacity / away fans at games, until last week the plan across all levels of football was for no away fans at any level before Christmas. Regardless of July 19.

Don’t ask me why. This might change but as of last week it had not.

Re capacity / away fans at games, until last week the plan across all levels of football was for no away fans at any level before Christmas. Regardless of July 19.

Don’t ask me why. This might change but as of last week it had not.
Suits me, they're an insanitary bunch

140 thousand spectators expected at Silverstone. I don't understand why football grounds are not allowed to be at full capacity.
They are focussing on the events that have "international standing" - ie it shows national glory if there are lots at Wembley/Silverstone/Wimbledon (tennis not AFC). Makes no difference to our "international standing" if theatres can't have audiences, outdoor performances can only have 50% capacity and all the risk of losses is on the promoter, and Cambridge v Oxford can't have away fans.
I say this slightly tongue-in-cheek, as it really makes f all difference anyway, but just like having a new royal yacht it is how those currently in charge think.

They are focussing on the events that have "international standing" - ie it shows national glory if there are lots at Wembley/Silverstone/Wimbledon (tennis not AFC). Makes no difference to our "international standing" if theatres can't have audiences, outdoor performances can only have 50% capacity and all the risk of losses is on the promoter, and Cambridge v Oxford can't have away fans.
I say this slightly tongue-in-cheek, as it really makes f all difference anyway, but just like having a new royal yacht it is how those currently in charge think.
The whole world can look on in disbelief at the thousands crammed together at Silverstone?

It also comes down to who owns what and whether or not they’re “friendly” towards the current government. The live music test events are all being carried out by one company, Live Nation (which owns Festival Republic in case they ever try to spin it that way), headed up by Melvin Benn. Who I fully expect to be whacked into the Lords or given a Queen’s honour in the next year or so. He’s a complete A*****e who I have dealt with numerous times over the years.

Live Nation has just put on Download Pilot at Donington Park this weekend just gone - 10,000 capacity rock festival - while many festivals of all genres and of the same size, even while fully operational rather than having to significantly downside like Download, were made to cancel for a second consecutive year. Rather than allowing any one of those small, 10,000 capacity festivals to continue as normal, they were all shut down so that LN could be the ones putting on (and charging for) the events. Not because it in any way aided the pilot studies, or because the other festivals were unable to facilitate any part of the event safely, but because they aren’t big business. It’s jobs for the boys, even in the name of science and society.

I know of at least two smaller scale festivals (10-20k capacities) who are currently in negotiations to be bought out, because the second cancellation has killed them financially. Can you guess which company is trying to pick them up on the cheap?

Why not? Re-opening ('Freedom Day) is the 19th July. We play our first game on Aug 7th. Grounds should be full and away fans permitted.
How many times does this need to be said? Cases don’t = illness. Cases don’t = deaths. Those numbers are not enough to justify another extension to restrictions. This week, there has been more deaths from suicide than COVID!

View attachment 6601

140 thousand spectators expected at Silverstone. I don't understand why football grounds are not allowed to be at full capacity.
Not saying I agree with it! I think the combination of news in the last couple of weeks or so of Wimbledon being full capacity, the Gilmour/Scotland/Mount and Chilwell/England self-isolation debacle and that Silverstone news, along with the images of capacity stadiums in Hungary and Denmark in the Euros, has tipped the UK's covid response to football in particular into the farcical. I just suspect it might yet be a while before we see away fans back in stadiums is all.

There are reports of fans returning from Euro2020 matches as contracting Covid19.
"Finnish football fans returning from Russia after Euro 2020 matches have caused a spike in their country’s daily coronavirus cases, Finnish health authorities said on Thursday.

The Finnish national team suffered two defeats in St Petersburg this month and nearly 100 infections have since been recorded at two border crossings, mostly among returning fans, authorities said.
The total of daily new cases has since risen from about 50 to more than 100, according to official data.

“These are people who have been at the games. Clearly, it has spread surprisingly well there, considering that Finns have mostly interacted with each other but contracted the virus in just a few days,” Risto Pietikainen, chief physician for the hospital district covering the main crossing point, told Reuters.

The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare said almost 100 infections had been diagnosed among Finns who had traveled to St Petersburg and the number was likely to grow.

Mika Salminen, head of security at the health institute, said a majority of those who contracted Covid in St Petersburg were football fans."
Is it mainly being picked up because they are being tested, and is there a causal link between the fans and attending the match? eg travel to the game, public transport, hotels, bars, concourses, fans in the stadium?

Were fans tested before being allowed into the ground to start with? Were they fully vaccinated?

This doesn't sound good for opening up of grounds in the UK though.

There are reports of fans returning from Euro2020 matches as contracting Covid19.
"Finnish football fans returning from Russia after Euro 2020 matches have caused a spike in their country’s daily coronavirus cases, Finnish health authorities said on Thursday.

The Finnish national team suffered two defeats in St Petersburg this month and nearly 100 infections have since been recorded at two border crossings, mostly among returning fans, authorities said.
The total of daily new cases has since risen from about 50 to more than 100, according to official data.

“These are people who have been at the games. Clearly, it has spread surprisingly well there, considering that Finns have mostly interacted with each other but contracted the virus in just a few days,” Risto Pietikainen, chief physician for the hospital district covering the main crossing point, told Reuters.

The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare said almost 100 infections had been diagnosed among Finns who had traveled to St Petersburg and the number was likely to grow.

Mika Salminen, head of security at the health institute, said a majority of those who contracted Covid in St Petersburg were football fans."
Is it mainly being picked up because they are being tested, and is there a causal link between the fans and attending the match? eg travel to the game, public transport, hotels, bars, concourses, fans in the stadium?

Were fans tested before being allowed into the ground to start with? Were they fully vaccinated?

This doesn't sound good for opening up of grounds in the UK though.
You have to remember that Russia cured everyone of Covid, came up with a wonderful vaccination and eradicated the spread overnight. Didn't they?

You have to remember that Russia cured everyone of Covid, came up with a wonderful vaccination and eradicated the spread overnight. Didn't they?
I try hard not to criticise people I know, but a friend of the missus decided to visit Moscow (cases, 6000 and climbing) and went to multiple clubs and restaurants without vaccination or PCR test ("Hey, I'm not putting that s**t in me", she says just after snorting coke of a toilet cistern). Now she's quite ill over there but thinks it's just flu. The house doctor (which is still done in Russia) came to her without mask and gloves (his answer "Ah, I had it last year, it's fine") and diagnosed flu as well because he had no tests with him. So she went to the shop for one (no masks, not compulsory), got home, tested positive and now she is fighting for breath and about to be sent to hospital.

What a bunch of backwards f*cktards from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom