National News First 100 days of Boris..........

Cummings isnt even a tory party member, he is a dangerously manipulative puppeteer, & IMO should have no part whatsoever in governing the UK as he is not accountable- bit like those Eurocrats we're apparently taking back control from:ROFLMAO:
I trust you were making the same objections about Alistair Campbell when he was pulling the strings in the Blair governments.

The problem with the 'liar' tag is it doesn't really resonate with anyone. MP's are now held in such low esteem that the public almost expect them to lie at some point.
And let's not forget the biggest (and worst) political lie of all time - the dodgy dossier - didn't stop Tony Blair getting re-elected - twice!

Blair's first re-election was surely before the dossier?

Not denying the magnitude of the that lie though.

I think you're probably correct about the liar tag sadly.

‘Dangerously manipulative puppeteer’ right?
So we are still on that ‘all Leave voters are thick ‘ argument are we?
There’s no doubt that the last Parliament were simply not doing what they promised to do.
And they got their arses kicked as a result.
Don’t really see ‘manipulation’.

There’s no doubt that the last Parliament were simply not doing what they promised to do.
A no deal crash out Brexit, at the end of 2020, is beginning to be looking more than a possibility

I don’t think we will leave without any deal being made.
he might be talking tough but a negotiation will take place

It's kind of all they have now. Fundamentally beaten, so back to the familiar trope.

As for those worried about chlorinated chicken, I hope none of you eat pre-packed salads as they are washed in chlorine to keep them fresher!

I don’t think we will leave without any deal being made.
he might be talking tough but a negotiation will take place
They can get a less comprehensive deal done to resolve some of the bigger item and then add to it afterwards as negotiations continue - the EU seem quite comfortable with that idea, so it's no need to panic or meltdown. Infact, it's probably better for Rejoiners that is done more quickly so they can start their campaign to rejoin ? .

As for those worried about chlorinated chicken, I hope none of you eat pre-packed salads as they are washed in chlorine to keep them fresher!

The problem isn't chlorine per se.

It's the conditions that the chickens are farmed in that require the use of chlorine.

Rightly or wrongly people don't share the same concerns about salad leaves.

A no deal crash out Brexit, at the end of 2020, is beginning to be looking more than a possibility
I dont think 'more than' a possibility Sarge.
I would be very surprised if it is a no deal. I suspect that this is a promise of tough negotiations ( which were not possible with Parliament in such gridlock)
Even if some of the key parts of agreement are agreed, I reckon that some will be able to be delayed a little.
Neither side wants no deal which would be economically bad for both parties.

I dont think 'more than' a possibility Sarge.
I would be very surprised if it is a no deal. I suspect that this is a promise of tough negotiations ( which were not possible with Parliament in such gridlock)
Even if some of the key parts of agreement are agreed, I reckon that some will be able to be delayed a little.
Neither side wants no deal which would be economically bad for both parties.
hope youre right .... Gove repeatedly swerved the direct question re a no deal crash out brexit on tv earlier, even when the interviewer pressed him on it, he wouldnt give a direct answer .... worrying times IMO

Brexit bill through on Friday, depart the EU Jan 31st.
Sign the deal before the end of 2020.

Nice to see some drive and positive action in our leadership.

For those banging on about "chlorinated chicken" then here`s an idea...... check where your food comes from before buying it, its not rocket science.
Buy British, buy seasonal.

Brexit bill through on Friday, depart the EU Jan 31st.
Sign the deal before the end of 2020.

Nice to see some drive and positive action in our leadership.

For those banging on about "chlorinated chicken" then here`s an idea...... check where your food comes from before buying it, its not rocket science.
Buy British, buy seasonal.

If a deal gets signed before the end of 2020 then it will, at the least, be close to a record ever shortest time to negotiate a deal. So on the logistics and amount of areas that have to be negotiated alone I doubt it is likely.

If a deal gets signed before the end of 2020 then it will, at the least, be close to a record ever shortest time to negotiate a deal. So on the logistics and amount of areas that have to be negotiated alone I doubt it is likely.

Do you not think the "ground work" will have been done in the last 3 years or was Whitehall populated by lots of folk twiddling their thumbs? I know our organisation has built a Brexit plan/strategy that covers all outcomes, we just need a fixed point to implement it!

Do you not think the "ground work" will have been done in the last 3 years or was Whitehall populated by lots of folk twiddling their thumbs? I know our organisation has built a Brexit plan/strategy that covers all outcomes, we just need a fixed point to implement it!

No, because it has all been about the withdrawal agreement, Irish backstop etc. And Johnson/his Govt will have different priorities to May's Govt.

Edit: I also suspect Johnson will want greater divergence in UK standards from EU standards. Obviously, UK companies will still have to meet EU standards to trade with the single market. Hence why I can't see how a deal can be negotiated in that time.

There have been claims that Johnson wants the UK to become like Singapore, I don't know how true that is mind but it would fit with the strategy and those who are backing him.

Last edited:
Not to mention hundreds of thousands driving delivery vans on zero hours contracts, paid a pittance for each delivery and with no employment rights whatsoever. Will Boris put an end to this? I'm sure he'll do the right thing.

Flexible working has been around for decades. Ironic that the very folk berating delivery drivers working for the likes of DPD/DHL/Yodel et al will be doing their Christmas Shopping consumerism on Amazon etc and expecting it to magically appear on their doorstep.
Its not "Boris`s fault" its ours. ;)

Do you actually hear many delivery drivers complaining about their jobs though Arch Bish?

we go for a high employment less mechanised employment model here. And in many ways it’s less efficient than France, Spain, Italy. But with youth unemployment still at eye watering levels in say Spain ( haven’t fact checked but isn’t it 40%?], who’s to say our model isn’t better for the mental health of the nation. ?

Do you actually hear many delivery drivers complaining about their jobs though Arch Bish?

we go for a high employment less mechanised employment model here. And in many ways it’s less efficient than France, Spain, Italy. But with youth unemployment still at eye watering levels in say Spain ( haven’t fact checked but isn’t it 40%?], who’s to say our model isn’t better for the mental health of the nation. ?

That’s not the only example, there was one I remember about an Amazon driver who wasn’t allowed time off when he had cancer. Zero hours delivery drivers are treated awfully and absolutely do complain about it.

Back
Top Bottom