Finland v Denmark.......

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
I guess knowing he was awake and stable was enough for the Danish team. Personally it would still be on my mind but if the consensus from both sides was to get on with it, good on them.

Poor ITV. Finally have a match this tournament and the Beeb’s game will still be going.

Also, I think this is the first instance where I have seen a commentator substituted! Jonathan Pearce has come off.

Phew thank god for that. Might watch the Russia Belgium match

Bit gutted Denmark didn't get the result there. They were the better team for the majority of the match but understandably it would've been very difficult to play in those conditions.

I can understand why the Danes wanted to get it out of the way, not like they were going to be feeling much better tomorrow but I should imagine they were absolutely drained, they literally stood around a dead/dying teammate as people were trying to save his life, you don’t recover physically or mentally from that for a while.

Absolutely disgusting the footage that was shown, it was obvious much earlier than the cameras cut away the severity of the situation, a few people’s jobs have been saved by him surviving, but it’s still no excuse to not show the proper respect for anyone in that position.

But thank God/Allah/Buddha/John Trewick he survived, everything in this tournament else pales beside that.

Back
Top Bottom