Finance Director

oxford1985

So, with most of the off field issue's seemingly revolving around finance (or lack of...) do we not think that Tim Davies the FD, should also be coming out and stating what is going on with the financies/be questioned as to a) how we got to this stage, and b) what the plan is.

this guy was CEO at Leicester so knows the financial requirements of a professional (used lightly..) football club. Surely he would of sat down with Tiger/Nial etc.. and sorted out the appropraite moneies being in the appropriate accounts by the appropriate times, if not - why is he here, what value does his wage bring to the club?

So, with most of the off field issue's seemingly revolving around finance (or lack of...) do we not think that Tim Davies the FD, should also be coming out and stating what is going on with the financies/be questioned as to a) how we got to this stage, and b) what the plan is.

this guy was CEO at Leicester so knows the financial requirements of a professional (used lightly..) football club. Surely he would of sat down with Tiger/Nial etc.. and sorted out the appropraite moneies being in the appropriate accounts by the appropriate times, if not - why is he here, what value does his wage bring to the club?
reminds me of a character on tv ...Tim nice but Dim ....certainly with the way 4 WUP/hmrc etc were allowed to reach a point where it got all legal ..... to the detriment of our OUFC

A Finance Director is only as good as the cash flow and the Owner lets them be...

what I don't understand is why would people like him and NM and others stick around damaging their own reputations/cv if everything's in such a mess. That's what gives me a bit of hope that things are happening behind the scenes and there is actually a plan

Ultimately, Thanakarnjanasuth is the chief decision maker and (to our knowledge) is providing the funding for the club.

The FD will advise on possible options, associated risks / opportunities and likely outcomes from a financial perspective when it comes to making key decisions e.g. not paying HMRC on time.

He cannot make payments to creditors if there physically isn’t cash in the bank account and I don’t think it is in his remit to be communicating strategic plans to the wider public.

I understand the need to identify scapegoats and throw them under the bus without mercy. But ultimately, when it comes to the running of the club, the buck stops with Thanakarnjanasuth!

A Finance Director is only as good as the cash flow and the Owner lets them be...
i agree, but what i dont understand is why someone of that stature would put up with it - his repuration (The FD's) could be ruined, what high level company would hire a FD that at his previous employment oversaw 4 WUP!!?? weather its his fault or not - it makes you question what is going on behind the scenes and is he just happy to sit back and pull a salary.

its akin to the manager, he is not out on the field affecting play yet his reputation is held on win% of that team (OK a crap example :) )

i agree, but what i dont understand is why someone of that stature would put up with it - his repuration (The FD's) could be ruined, what high level company would hire a FD that at his previous employment oversaw 4 WUP!!?? weather its his fault or not - it makes you question what is going on behind the scenes and is he just happy to sit back and pull a salary.

its akin to the manager, he is not out on the field affecting play yet his reputation is held on win% of that team (OK a crap example :) )
He's possibly in on the bigger picture for the next 12-24 months of OUFC, but has to put up with the current BS. I suppose if it all happens as Tiger wants, this will be an aberration that everyone will soon forget.

As long as he can maintain his current legal obligations alongside the plan.

Back
Top Bottom