Films i.e. Movies

pooshooter

I needed some respite so went to see 1917 at the weekend. Suffice it to say this isn't like most other war films in that the fighting, blood guts and gore is secondary to the story. I was very moved to tears and think it's a lovely film.

No tears for me, but I did think it was a fantastic film. The camera work was incredible and George MacKay's performance will put him close to an Oscar I would imagine.
Edit: except he hasn't even been nominated! :unsure:

Last edited:
my youngest lad went to see 1917 on friday ...he reckoned it was well worth going to see. I may well do if I get time (if not wait for it to make netflix etc) ... tbh, dont often have the time (or the inclination) to go to cimema these days. Although I did go in December to see Rise of the Skywalker

1917 is on the list to see (alongside Knives Out and David Copperfield when it opens later this month). Have recently watched the latest Star Wars (which was good, as long as expectations are set for a fun, popcorn movie) and Little Women (which I adored, but accept might not be everyone’s cup of tea!)

Curzon Westgate FTW, BTW.

1917 is on the list to see (alongside Knives Out and David Copperfield when it opens later this month). Have recently watched the latest Star Wars (which was good, as long as expectations are set for a fun, popcorn movie) and Little Women (which I adored, but accept might not be everyone’s cup of tea!)

Curzon Westgate FTW, BTW.
What's so good about Curzon?

*contains spoilers

saw 1917 on Saturday, not sure what the piece with the girl and baby added apart from tugging tears from snowflakes lol. But some awesome cinematography

The one in the Westgate is after my time.....
......but used to go to various Curzon cinemas in London and the answer for me was always a) absurdly comfy seats and b) beer.

Used to go to the cinema on average about once a fortnight when I was younger. Now work and family means it's about once a quarter.

Did see Rise of Skywalker (I was a Star Wars child, so didn't really feel I had any choice). It was fine. It was fun. It wasn't as bad as the previous two.......or the prequels.......

Comfy seats, plenty of double sofa seats which aren’t more experience, good prices including on food and drink which you can take in, good independent and foreign film choices, 12 free films a month for home screening if you get a membership (which gives you four free tickets so pays for itself very quickly). Love it.

Back
Top Bottom