Fiacre Kelleher

Ox4Eva

I see he away on loan for a whole season, I was thinking he would be in with a chance of getting into our squad this season.

So obviously he is just never part of the plans, another signing which was a waste of time for us and the player!

I can see him being recalled in Jan if he is performing.
Let’s face it, he is behind Nelson and Dickie who are probably the frontman runners at the moment for a starting place, Mousinho is back up then we can recall him if needs be and he is already up to speed and has another half season experience in the league below us.
Sensible management IMO.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Not a fan of Raglan. He’s not going to push the three ahead of him but an okish backup I suppose

Exactly. If Raglan and Kelleher are backups, I'd rather have Kelleher going on loan than Raglan. I'd heard he was a big part of keeping Solihull up last season. Will be good to keep tabs on him, as I suppose he'll have to be performing similar heroics for Macclesfield.

Exactly. If Raglan and Kelleher are backups, I'd rather have Kelleher going on loan than Raglan. I'd heard he was a big part of keeping Solihull up last season. Will be good to keep tabs on him, as I suppose he'll have to be performing similar heroics for Macclesfield.
Agree, if he has a good season there is every possibility we have a player on our hands. Think it was said a year ago, but he was always brought in with the view to loaning him out for experience. Macclesfield obviously saw potential in him.

The manager saw something in him to make the step up from Con to L2, so he can't be a million miles away from our level (whether the level should be pushing for promotion and consolidating in the Championship is another matter, of course).

Still young, wouldn't get in the first team and not sure it would help the U23s or him to have him stay here, much better out on loan getting minutes.

isnt the point of an U23 squad to develop our own young prospects? ..... loaning prospects out isnt something Ive ever been that comfortable with. I may well be wrong - I probably am! ...but.... after a long day on a north devon beach and a few strong somerset ciders.... I dont think of many and cant think of many OUFC prospects who have been loaned out (for more than half a season) who have ended up, after being loaned out by OUFC, to end up having a reasonable playing career at OUFC?

therefore, to me the mantra of loan them out to give them experience ...or to give them game time .... doesnt add up to me.

OUFC prospects who are sent out on loan might as well be offloaded straight away instead of playing what has become a nonsense at L1 L2 level!

A contributory factor can be playing as instructed by non league managers...who want 'their' players to play a certain way...which a knock on effect is the reports back to OUFC are probably not all that favourable ( especially as theyre not playing in a system or set up that is favoured by whoever the current OUFC head coach and his assistants prefer? )

Loaning out young prospects sometimes/occasionally pays divedends for Premiership and championship club assets after theyve been farmed out for experience. OUFC have played a part in more than a few of those success stories, as we all know. That said, how many loanees incoming at OUFC have made a serious impact in the first team of clubs that loaned those sucesses to us? One? possibly two? Maybe three?

however for clubs like OUFC it simply doesnt seem to work.... And I really do hope the U23 set up bears fruit with a number of homegrown youth team assests progressing through U23 into the first team squad.... I for one do like to see local lads come through the ranks

sadly loaning them out invariably results in the youngsters eventually ending up elsewhere ( often but not always the end up at Oxford City!)

I didn’t realise that Macclesfield manager is Mark Yates who was Solihull Moors manager last year. Clearly knows him well and expects him to make the step up.

• React
Reactions: Ian
isnt the point of an U23 squad to develop our own young prospects? ..... loaning prospects out isnt something Ive ever been that comfortable with. I may well be wrong - I probably am! ...but.... after a long day on a north devon beach and a few strong somerset ciders.... I dont think of many and cant think of many OUFC prospects who have been loaned out (for more than half a season) who have ended up, after being loaned out by OUFC, to end up having a reasonable playing career at OUFC?

therefore, to me the mantra of loan them out to give them experience ...or to give them game time .... doesnt add up to me.

OUFC prospects who are sent out on loan might as well be offloaded straight away instead of playing what has become a nonsense at L1 L2 level!

A contributory factor can be playing as instructed by non league managers...who want 'their' players to play a certain way...which a knock on effect is the reports back to OUFC are probably not all that favourable ( especially as theyre not playing in a system or set up that is favoured by whoever the current OUFC head coach and his assistants prefer? )

Loaning out young prospects sometimes/occasionally pays divedends for Premiership and championship club assets after theyve been farmed out for experience. OUFC have played a part in more than a few of those success stories, as we all know. That said, how many loanees incoming at OUFC have made a serious impact in the first team of clubs that loaned those sucesses to us? One? possibly two? Maybe three?

however for clubs like OUFC it simply doesnt seem to work.... And I really do hope the U23 set up bears fruit with a number of homegrown youth team assests progressing through U23 into the first team squad.... I for one do like to see local lads come through the ranks

sadly loaning them out invariably results in the youngsters eventually ending up elsewhere ( often but not always the end up at Oxford City!)
Joey Beauchamp had an extended loan at Swansea which made him as a player, but apart from that I can't remember any players loaned out and coming back to have a successful OUFC career.

I didn’t realise that Macclesfield manager is Mark Yates who was Solihull Moors manager last year. Clearly knows him well and expects him to make the step up.

Yes. John Askey who got them up last season is the new manager at Shrewsbury.

Joey Beauchamp had an extended loan at Swansea which made him as a player, but apart from that I can't remember any players loaned out and coming back to have a successful OUFC career.

That’s a really good point. Scratching my head but can’t think of any!

Don't think he has actually played for the U's, if he is not part of the plans then he should move on. Another loan is pointless in my opinion!

Suits me - getting a game for the U23s is one thing but playing time in the first team at another club is real experience for a player. May as well play for Macc as for our reserves (clearly Robinson sees him behind Raglan in the pecking order here)

Why so much negativity? Playing for a first team in Div 2 is surely a step up from U23 football? If he does well, he'll be knocking on the door of our first team, or perhaps at least demanding a transfer fee for the club.

He has ability, he has potential and he's gaining first team experience that can only benefit Oxford one way or another. It's been rare that Oxford have had someone other clubs want to take on loan and develop!

No one mentioned Napa amongst those who've gone out on loan to develop and come back better players...

I'm surprised about the Fiacre Kelleher loan myself, thought he would be in or around the first team this season.
I would rather not have to rely on mous, he was shite second half when Leeds turned up the heat.
Skied it or sent it into the stands when he was under pressure.

I'm surprised about the Fiacre Kelleher loan myself, thought he would be in or around the first team this season.
I would rather not have to rely on mous, he was shite second half when Leeds turned up the heat.
Skied it or sent it into the stands when he was under pressure.

We can always recall him in January. :geek:;)

Back
Top Bottom