General Fenton Tutty (and Fenton's Fight)

makv

Mods, I don't believe I've seen a thread on here about this, but if there is, please feel free to merge it.

Back in June, the club posted this piece of sad news about a local 8 year old lad, Fenton Tutty, who plays for the Academy and was sadly diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia:

I hope this will serve as both a general thread about the amazing fundraising efforts that Fenton's family are managing, but also as a specific thread about an event I'm personally involved in planning.

I have no involvement in this other than as a ST holder and a regular (drinker and worker!) at the Royal Blenheim pub in town, which serves as an occasional pre-match watering hole for a few Us fans. As such, we wanted to try to make a small contribution to the amazing efforts that are already under way to raise money for all of the various charities being supported by "Fenton’s Fight", the charity organised by the Tutty family to raise funds for the Kamran’s Ward (children's cancer ward) of the JR.

On Sunday September 1 (the day after the home game against Coventry) we will be holding a charity street party outside the Royal Blenheim on St Ebbes. We are working with the support of the Tutty family, OUFC and OxVox.

We have applied for a road closure, stretching from the junction of St Ebbes and Pembroke Street up to the entrance of Modern Art Oxford. The street party will include events for children, a family barbeque, and a DJ, running from midday until 5pm. This will be followed by a charity pub quiz and a raffle in the evening, again with funds going to "Fenton’s Fight".

I'll post further details and links as we go along, but please spread the word, and if you have any time or resources you might be able to help us out with on the day, either PM me, or post on this thread.

Thanks to this rather cool announcement by the club this week, Fenton now also has a squad number: 168!

UTM

The MoneyGiving link is here and has already raised more than £2,500:

The Facebook page being managed by Fenton's family is here:

Last edited:
Also on this topic it's worth mentioning that our Women's team are playing a pre-season friendly at Abingdon Utd WFC this Sunday (2pm ko), entrance is free but donations are welcomed. All proceeds go to the Fenton fund.

Good opportunity to enjoy watching our exciting womens team play and benefit a great cause at the same time.

Also on this topic it's worth mentioning that our Women's team are playing a pre-season friendly at Abingdon Utd WFC this Sunday (2pm ko), entrance is free but donations are welcomed. All proceeds go to the Fenton fund.

Good opportunity to enjoy watching our exciting womens team play and benefit a great cause at the same time.

Thank you sir

I heard on Saturday that there’s a fundraising night at the north oxford con club, anyone know any details about it, I can’t find anything, I know breeze are doing a gig and where it is but not what date or time.

Link to the Facebook event

Just a reminder that the event is less than 2 weeks off now. Please feel free to spread the word so we can get a few Us fans along.

UTM!

All - we’re finalising things for the event on Sunday. The club have kindly donated a signed shirt and 4 tickets for the Tranmere game to be auctioned off. We also have some great raffle prizes from various businesses around the city centre.

But…

We’ve been let down by the DJ we had lined up and are now looking for a replacement.

So if anyone either is, or knows of, someone with a PA system who could donate their time to us Sunday daytime, it would be much appreciated.

UTM!

Back
Top Bottom