Fazackerley and Allen - end of a journey?

Mellowyellow

Having sat there today, and although we had periods of possession, we still lost 3-0, making the same old mistakes as we were doing during the clotet and fazackerley era's. Defensively, set pieces, poor up front, and so on.

It's the start of a new journey, and I think Robinson will have seen what needs doing, and more importantly what needs changing. Robinson needs to bring in his own two people he mentioned as soon as possible, and say thanks and goodbye to both faz and allen. The extremely poor set of results during their tenure, and during clotets tenure showed that they bring limited value to what Robinson wants to achieve.

It was so refreshing to see an active manager, showing passion on the touchline today, compared to previous weeks when little was evident. Faz seemed to be a statue, whilst Allen thought he was a sub, such was the little time he was seen off the bench.

Hopefully by Friday, Robinson can do something with what he's got to work with to get us over the line. Today, the old mistakes were made.

If it is correct that Faz and other backroom staff were in de’s ear about pep then if I was Robinson I’d want shot pretty quickly

Faz puzzles me. He’s vastly experienced. He should know everything there is to know about the game. But how this team has been so badly organised defensively under him suggests otherwise

If it is correct that Faz and other backroom staff were in de’s ear about pep then if I was Robinson I’d want shot pretty quickly

Faz puzzles me. He’s vastly experienced. He should know everything there is to know about the game. But how this team has been so badly organised defensively under him suggests otherwise
Yes I agree with that.
Faz has apparently been in charge of the defensive organisation this season.
We have been shocking defensively game after game (and having seen Plymouth, Peterborough and Pompey recently if we had a half decent defence ...)
The first thing Robinson needs to work on is stopping us conceding ridiculously stupid goals. If he can do that it will be one hell of a start.

I remember Faz getting slated at the beginning of Mapp's reign. As things improved and peaked under the tatted one, Faz's contribution was never really recognised IMO. Seems that when things are not going well, nobody is safe from the firing line even though they have, in all likelihood, been performing their jobs at a consistent level through good and bad times.

I remember Faz getting slated at the beginning of Mapp's reign. As things improved and peaked under the tatted one, Faz's contribution was never really recognised IMO. Seems that when things are not going well, nobody is safe from the firing line even though they have, in all likelihood, been performing their jobs at a consistent level through good and bad times.
Good point, but do we know what his contribution was meant have been. Basically, defending coaching.

Do you think that Faz has been performing at a consistently good or bad level, since clotet arrived, then under his own stewardship? The results seem to point to the latter.

Having sat there today, and although we had periods of possession, we still lost 3-0, making the same old mistakes as we were doing during the clotet and fazackerley era's. Defensively, set pieces, poor up front, and so on.

It's the start of a new journey, and I think Robinson will have seen what needs doing, and more importantly what needs changing. Robinson needs to bring in his own two people he mentioned as soon as possible, and say thanks and goodbye to both faz and allen. The extremely poor set of results during their tenure, and during clotets tenure showed that they bring limited value to what Robinson wants to achieve.

It was so refreshing to see an active manager, showing passion on the touchline today, compared to previous weeks when little was evident. Faz seemed to be a statue, whilst Allen thought he was a sub, such was the little time he was seen off the bench.

Hopefully by Friday, Robinson can do something with what he's got to work with to get us over the line. Today, the old mistakes were made.
So we will forget about the jobs they did under Appleton then?

There is an age old saying "you can't polish a turd"... After the injury to Curtis Nelson, the defence has disintegrated and shown that it is not good enough. We're currently playing the "best" available, of which only one should be here next season (Dickie).

In Rob Dickie, we have a player with a huge amount of potential and who could prosper with Nelson beside him (needs to get a bit tougher). Of the two loanees at full-back, does Smith-Brown really offer more than da Silva? He looks lightweight, hesitant and gets caught out of position far too easily (he went AWOL for Pompey's second goal). Kane is slightly more solid, but looks nothing more than a decent back up in case of injury. Mousinho was once a good player, but age appears to have caught up with him.

Priority #1 next season is to completely rebuild the defence and hope that Nelson doesn't jump ship in the summer and comes back stronger.

There is an age old saying "you can't polish a turd"... After the injury to Curtis Nelson, the defence has disintegrated and shown that it is not good enough. We're currently playing the "best" available, of which only one should be here next season (Dickie).

In Rob Dickie, we have a player with a huge amount of potential and who could prosper with Nelson beside him (needs to get a bit tougher). Of the two loanees at full-back, does Smith-Brown really offer more than da Silva? He looks lightweight, hesitant and gets caught out of position far too easily (he went AWOL for Pompey's second goal). Kane is slightly more solid, but looks nothing more than a decent back up in case of injury. Mousinho was once a good player, but age appears to have caught up with him.

Priority #1 next season is to completely rebuild the defence and hope that Nelson doesn't jump ship in the summer and comes back stronger.

If it’s true that we’ve signed jordan moore taylor on a pre contract then him and Nelson would be a very very strong pairing. Add dickie and raglan as back up and let martin and mous go. See if we can sign Kane. Carroll as understudy. Then we just need two left backs imo to have a very decent defence

It was so refreshing to see an active manager, showing passion on the touchline today, compared to when Appleton was on the touchline.

Oh.

I agree but KR cant change the personal. I have been concerned about Mous all season. I rate him as a sweeper/defensive midfielder role. He is no Matt Elliot.

I feel the team was organised under him, esp when he was caretaker. Losing Nelson and poor summer recruitment from DE resulted in disjointed defensive team. I blame Pep and DE, not Faz.

I feel the team was organised under him, esp when he was caretaker. Losing Nelson and poor summer recruitment from DE resulted in disjointed defensive team. I blame Pep and DE, not Faz.
But it’s all about a manager being able to manage what he has to best effect. In terms of the team being better organised. We were 10th when clotet left, now we find ourselves in a relegation battle, after faz had a record of 2 wins in 9, or similar.

But it’s all about a manager being able to manage what he has to best effect. In terms of the team being better organised. We were 10th when clotet left, now we find ourselves in a relegation battle, after faz had a record of 2 wins in 9, or similar.

No-one ever said Faz was a good manager.

It was so refreshing to see an active manager, showing passion on the touchline today, compared to when Appleton was on the touchline.

Oh.
Do you ever simply post on content rather than getting personal? Lucky for the ignore button.

Do you ever simply post on content rather than getting personal? Lucky for the ignore button.

Eh?

I thought I was providing contrary viewpoints, show me the point I made it personal and I'll provide a full apology.

I completely agree Sir. I want to see CC giving a starting spot as right full back and an experienced left full back brought in. I am confident Nelson and Dickie will make a strong CB pairing.

Back
Top Bottom