Fazackerley and Allen - end of a journey?

If it’s true that we’ve signed jordan moore taylor on a pre contract then him and Nelson would be a very very strong pairing. Add dickie and raglan as back up and let martin and mous go. See if we can sign Kane. Carroll as understudy. Then we just need two left backs imo to have a very decent defence
I am interested to know how you know about Moore-Taylor. I'd like to know if this is fact?

If it’s true that we’ve signed jordan moore taylor on a pre contract then him and Nelson would be a very very strong pairing. Add dickie and raglan as back up and let martin and mous go. See if we can sign Kane. Carroll as understudy. Then we just need two left backs imo to have a very decent defence
I am interested to know how you know about Moore-Taylor. I'd like to know if this is fact?

Nothing’s ever fact until it happens. It’s on another thread somewhere, a lot of Exeter’s fans were talking about it. As I said in the post “if true” would be a great signing.

But it’s all about a manager being able to manage what he has to best effect. In terms of the team being better organised. We were 10th when clotet left, now we find ourselves in a relegation battle, after faz had a record of 2 wins in 9, or similar.

We were in the relegation battle under Pep, the others just hadn't caught up at that point. We were bloody awful performance wise and the form was shockingly bad for a fair bit of the end of Pep's reign.

Like many here, I also do not think the defensive issues are due to coaching, or even bad players. The defence lacks height and the power of someone like Nelson. There is also the issue at the other end, there's a lack of goal threat from the forwards, enabling other teams to be more confident when attacking.

If you included Nelson, Roofe/Graham and Midson (or another prolific, energetic forward) in the team, then recent results probably would have been much better. Slightly different players to what's currently available.

It's a personnel issue, in defence, rather than a coaching issue. Plenty of defenders have come on leaps and bounds during Faz's time here.
Well, it's also the Pep bit doing defensive organisation training if at least one of the players is to go by.

I liked what Robinson said at the end of the game about needing to get crosses in quicker and not having the extra pass and shooting more.

We have all seen that for most of the season and I'm sure Faz and Allen will have seen it

The question is have they told to get the ball in quicker and shoot or do they lack the confidence and give that responsibility to someone else?

But it’s all about a manager being able to manage what he has to best effect. In terms of the team being better organised. We were 10th when clotet left, now we find ourselves in a relegation battle, after faz had a record of 2 wins in 9, or similar.

We may have been 10th, but do you think we were going in any other direction than backwards? Our vulnerabilities and weaknesses had been exposed and nothing was being done about it. There are accounts of Pep not being interested in defensive organisation in training and very little attention paid to how the opposition might work set plays and attacks. The evidence on the pitch certainly backs that up.

On the whole we have looked slightly more solid since Pep's departure, but one thing you cannot account for is players repeatedly making the same mistakes once they are on the pitch. Lack of concentration and players switching off at set pieces has been an all-too familiar theme this season. You can coach and manage players and hopefully they will improve, but if they are just not good enough and unable to improve, then you have to look at the player and the person who recruited them. As mentioned, Mousinho was once a very good player, captaining a side in the Championship. Unfortunately, the one thing you can't prevent is aging and old father time has definitely caught up with him. There is a reason why Burton were prepared to let him go for free.

We may have been 10th, but do you think we were going in any other direction than backwards? Our vulnerabilities and weaknesses had been exposed and nothing was being done about it. There are accounts of Pep not being interested in defensive organisation in training and very little attention paid to how the opposition might work set plays and attacks. The evidence on the pitch certainly backs that up.

On the whole we have looked slightly more solid since Pep's departure, but one thing you cannot account for is players repeatedly making the same mistakes once they are on the pitch. Lack of concentration and players switching off at set pieces has been an all-too familiar theme this season. You can coach and manage players and hopefully they will improve, but if they are just not good enough and unable to improve, then you have to look at the player and the person who recruited them. As mentioned, Mousinho was once a very good player, captaining a side in the Championship. Unfortunately, the one thing you can't prevent is aging and old father time has definitely caught up with him. There is a reason why Burton were prepared to let him go for free.
I feel its players not having to, or wanting to impress Faz and CA, as they dont determine their immediate futures, KR does.

I fully agree going, we weren't going forwards, but we seemed to have been hovering around tenth for a while whilst being inconsistent, between getting a point/win and losing. Though given time, I agree it would have been a trip down the table had clotet been left in post, though I don't think it would have been as dramatic as it has been with faz in charge.

What has Chris Allen done wrong that you want to get rid of him, Mellow?

I always thought this, he seemed to think his way of playing would overcome any team, thus not needing to check out the oppositions dangers. Which is okay if your Barcelona.

I fully agree going, we weren't going forwards, but we seemed to have been hovering around tenth for a while whilst being inconsistent, between getting a point/win and losing. Though given time, I agree it would have been a trip down the table had clotet been left in post, though I don't think it would have been as dramatic as it has been with faz in charge.
I think that losing Nelson and Hall, where major, major blows to PEPs team, esp Nelson. I understand he runs the dressing room and is hugely respected on and off the pitch.

I always thought this, he seemed to think his way of playing would overcome any team, thus not needing to check out the oppositions dangers. Which is okay if your Barcelona.
I will argue that PEP had to rebuild the defence, after losing Chey, Marvin and Edwards. Tough call. Before Nelson was injured I remember the defence was more than ok. Eastwood has suffered from Nelson absence.

Back
Top Bottom