Far Right Banned by Facebook

No I'm just shocked by the racism of my fellow Oxford fans.
Fact is ALL of your fellow Oxford United fans arent racists.... like everywhere in life , with few exceptions, large groups of people will always have differing views supporters of a football team are no different, perceptions and beliefs, which is their right to have and to express, which isnt , yet , illegal..... maybe your comment should have included the word' some' or 'a few' ... as it kind of implies' all ' (?) are tarred with same brush @YellowTaxi ?

Fact is ALL of your fellow Oxford United fans arent racists.... like everywhere in life , with few exceptions, large groups of people will always have differing views supporters of a football team are no different, perceptions and beliefs, which is their right to have and to express, which isnt , yet , illegal..... maybe your comment should have included the word' some' or 'a few' ... as it kind of implies' all ' (?) are tarred with same brush @YellowTaxi ?
I'm quoting this reply purely so I can 'like' it twice.

'stemerritt likes this.'

Does anyone on here truly hate people purely because they are different? Presumably it needs to be for something more than that?

And what does 'hate' mean in this context? Could it progress to advocating physical harm?

Hence why I think it's trolling. Sad really, and cheapens real racism when some bandy the term around so freely at anything that they don't agree with.

Getting back to the "ban" by social media and what constitutes "hate".
There was a programme on I-player about the Third Party corporations employed by the likes of FB et al to "clean" their platforms.
Not on iplayer anymore... its an episode of Storyville called "The Cleaners".
Massive offices of people based in Malaysia or Taiwan who have something like 20 seconds to view & judge an image or a reported post and decide to delete or not within the rules. The expected target of "being right" is 100%, 4 "misses" in a month its a written warning.
If these same people are to be the judge, jury and executioner to "hate" posts then George Orwell wasn`t far wrong.

We already have legislation that defines such things, use that and prosecute/educate the perpetrators.

Banning people with alternative views is fundamentally dangerous, it is better to see what they are doing and arguing against it than creating an underground movement.

Last edited:
Getting back to the "ban" by social media and what constitutes "hate".
There is a programme on I-player about the Third Party corporations employed by the likes of FB et al to "clean" their platforms.
Can`t remember the name but I`m sure you can find it if you wish.
Massive offices of people based in Malaysia or Taiwan who have something like 20 seconds to view & judge an image or a reported post and decide to delete or not within the rules. The expected target of "being right" is 100%, 4 "misses" in a month its a written warning.
If these same people are to be the judge, jury and executioner to "hate" posts then George Orwell wasn`t far wrong.

We already have legislation that defines such things, use that and prosecute/educate the perpetrators.

Banning people with alternative views is fundamentally dangerous, it is better to see what they are doing and arguing against it than creating an underground movement.

Abhorrent as I find the far right, I can't disagree with this.

Look at how successfully Tommy Robinson plays the martyr card.

YellowTaxi seems like a troll to me. I resent being described racist because I described Abbott as being perceived as incompetent.
She seems incapable of making rational decisions and is accident prone. Is that racist?

Exactly. a great example of the racist attitudes present in the media. (And obviously in Essex too.)

So you've posted a link of Diane Abbot making a couple of errors.

On being asked about why she's not on the media, when she is on the media.

Where someone has added a laughter track and comic sound effects when she makes perfectly good points.

You've put together 4 or 5 examples over 10 years- once where she makes a mistake once where she doesn't want to discuss her child on TV - which seems perfectly reasonable to me. and that is supposed to be not an example of a politicain making a mistake but that she's "incapable of rational decisions."

looks like racism to me.

Last edited:
Is that you Diane?

Or is that now racist too? :p

Let's not forget this cracker either

Exactly. a great example of the racist attitudes present in the media. (And obviously in Essex too.)

Where someone has added a laughter track and comic sound effects when she makes perfectly good points.

You've put together 4 or 5 examples over 10 years- once where she makes a mistake once where she doesn't want to discuss her child on TV - which seems perfectly reasonable to me. and that is supposed to be not an example of a politicain making a mistake but that she's "incapable of rational decisions."

looks like racism to me.

I just Googled "Diane Abbott Mistakes"..................from my office...in Leicester........ does that make me a racist in your world?
On that basis you are an AntiFa Troll or just a very presumptive fool.

I`ll go with the latter.

Criticising or even laughing at what someone says has nothing to do with the colour of their skin and everything to do with what they say. We've seen the words and actions of Teresa May, Jezza Corbyn, Reece-Mogg, Johnson, Gove, Rudd etc etc ripped apart and mocked. There wasn't any racial bias in this. So why should be think that doing the same with regard to Lammy, Abbott, Khan or anyone else of differing ethnicity is racially motivated?

On here, there are a few bigots, more so who are ignorant, and even more who are simply annoying. But to claim that anything said against Dianne Abbott is racist only majes a mockery of racism itself.

looks like racism to me.

It looks to me as though you don't understand what the term means. It may well be that you haven't been informed/bothered to learn.

It's fine to scrutinise Abbott and to find her mistakes irritating/amusing. However the facts that she gets so much more flack than any other MP and has done for years and she is also one of the few black MPs who will call out the UKs history of racism are so obviously linked.

You're not racist for scrutinising Abbott but if you apply more scrutiny to her than you do other MPs and if you laugh a lot longer at her slip ups than anyone elses it probably has something to do with her being black.

NB: this doesn't mean you're a bad person, just that you've picked up bad habits because we live in a racist society. One huge problem we have with racism these days is no one will admit to racist thoughts because there's the idea that racists are bad people. In reality most people will harbour some racial prejudice and not all of those people are evil. It's much more complex than racists are hateful and I'm not so I can't be racist and therefore neither can the opinion I'm holding

looks like racism to me.
It's fine to scrutinise Abbott and to find her mistakes irritating/amusing. However the facts that she gets so much more flack than any other MP and has done for years and she is also one of the few black MPs who will call out the UKs history of racism are so obviously linked.

You're not racist for scrutinising Abbott but if you apply more scrutiny to her than you do other MPs and if you laugh a lot longer at her slip ups than anyone elses it probably has something to do with her being black.

NB: this doesn't mean you're a bad person, just that you've picked up bad habits because we live in a racist society. One huge problem we have with racism these days is no one will admit to racist thoughts because there's the idea that racists are bad people. In reality most people will harbour some racial prejudice and not all of those people are evil. It's much more complex than racists are hateful and I'm not so I can't be racist and therefore neither can the opinion I'm holding
What he said.

Back
Top Bottom