Fanzines

I used to work in a newsagents and Martin Brodetsky walked in. I didn't know him but he had some U's badges on, so got chatting. Couldn't stop him :), a big queue of customers soon formed.

I remember sitting on the bus back reading Raging Bull, a great read.
A terror at Right back for raging fever too :)

They were great. I always bought them and looked forward to it when I knew they were coming out.

A couple of years ago I bought a job lot of Rage On etc on Ebay, just wanted to fill a few gaps I had. Pretty much got the whole set now and do sometimes dip in to them and have a chuckle - I always liked the topical front covers. As someone else said it is nice thumbing through a fanzine as opposed to viewing online.

I do wonder if ever a 'souvenir' Rage On' could be published as a one off, maybe a mixture of previous articles and some current stuff. I think there would be quite a good take up if one was made. For the current stuff surely there would be plenty of posters on here who could contribute - some people seem to live their lives posting stuff on the forum

I do wonder if ever a 'souvenir' Rage On' could be published as a one off, maybe a mixture of previous articles and some current stuff. I think there would be quite a good take up if one was made.
Well I'd buy one for sure. I'm sure Martin Brodetsky still either reads the forum or has minions who do, sort it out ?

I used to enjoy reading Raging bull/Rage on, I remember Yellow Fever being funny for its brief existence, I liked the longer more considered pieces than you will ever get on here, their are plus and minuses to both mediums but you will get a more thought out view point in print.

Paul Bs fan views are the closest to it now, I actually prefer his views on what is going on around the club, league, opponents etc than the actual match report as that’s normally been done to death by the time he gets it up, whereas it’s nice to read some well thought out, calm, well written views on what has been going on over the week.

Might be room to encourage some more blog style longer articles on here, people could still comment but away from the link ie the fanviews, it would be a be nice antidote to the somewhat knee jerk approach of social media (Facebook, Twitter).

Does anyone remember a fanzine called yellow voice that was launched due to the bad language in the other two? Barrel of laughs that one.

Anyone still got the Raging Bull flexi? "Kevin" by Maxwell House. Think mine has been misplaced.

It was a real eye opener as a young teenager reading Raging Bull for the first time. Up to that point, all I read about the club was from the official programme so obviously a very sanitised, corporate viewpoint.

To then read very honest, satirical and often very funny copy suddenly made me realise that everything wasn’t exactly rosy about the club, but also how much it means to the fans who put the effort into making the fanzine.

Which fanzine did the whole ‘better than Jesus - looks good on crosses’ or words to that effect cover about Phil Whitehead?

Charlton fans still produce Voice Of The Valley

Remember the first one I ever bought was the Leyton Orienteer

Which fanzine did the whole ‘better than Jesus - looks good on crosses’ or words to that effect cover about Phil Whitehead?

I believe it was actually “Elliot Jackson : Son of God - looks good on crosses.”

Does any club still a good old fashioned fanzine or did they all die off?
Went to Anfield last year, they had a couple of fanzines on sale, and I can’t remember where but I’m certain a league one side was selling one this year -

Back
Top Bottom