General Fantasy New Stadium

I do like the idea of promoting Oxford-sourced produce in the concourses, sort of goes with promoting Oxford music in the play-lists. I'd love the club to embrace 'Oxfordshire' and push our county's profile forward.
Made this a few years ago, perfect pre-match playlist with some tweaks!

Not sure we could get a similar City location overlooking the Thames but this is, possibly, one of the best-looking stadiums in the world.
Relatively small footprint, the pitch is sunk below the surrounding road network .....
Inside and out.
view-from-the-stands.jpg

43901111195_b1bb83eb2e_b.jpg

will the pointy eared vegan owner of FGR be allowed to do that?

wasn't there some decision/ agreement made at cop26 regarding reforestation of the planet?
In the article it mentions "ethically sourced wood".

I'm guessing that means wood from UK trees or something?

wasn't there some decision/ agreement made at cop26 regarding reforestation of the planet?
Erm it's presumably from sustainable timber, ie quite fast growing and so replaceable

Erm it's presumably from sustainable timber, ie quite fast growing and so replaceable
I thought they hugged trees not built things out of them ..... the most fastest growing 'trees' I can think of is budlia , .... I'm no carpenter, but I don't think budlia wood is any good for building things with? :oops:

artists impression of the away end at FGR forthcoming stadium?

27edda8a1a263eb775f2bd30be41692c.jpg

Last edited:
That’ll do with yellow and blue seats.

I actually think (personal opinion) the new brentford stadium is quite bland and basic.

I've seen it from the outside and its nothing special.

Of course, it would still be much better than our breeze block.

I like Rotherham’s ground. Compact and close to the pitch and walking distance to the town centre.

Also AFC Wimbledon’s was a good atmosphere despite the 3 temporary stands.

Also Burton’s modern day covered away terrace.

I like Rotherham’s ground. Compact and close to the pitch and walking distance to the town centre.

Also AFC Wimbledon’s was a good atmosphere despite the 3 temporary stands.

Also Burton’s modern day covered away terrace.
Rotherham ground is decent ( although maybe a but steep for old gits like me!)

I'd like something with a bit of character built into it. Can't stand the bland single tiered bowls a la New York, Keepmoat, Liberty, Riverside, St Mary's, etc.

The stand behind the goal must be single tiered. I'd like something similar to the new Spuds ground but on a smaller scale, with some Oxford inspired exterior design if Bakrie and Co fancy truly winning us over. Imagine the height of the north stand behind the goal, then something like the south stand encasing the rest of the ground.

A well designed concourse with mobile ordering at the stalls to eliminate the silly queues like we get now. Statues of our dearly departed legends.

And great big trophy room for the almighty journey we will be embarking on!

They don't cut down ancient woodland or rainforest for building timber. That's taken from plantations that are then replanted.

The rainforests and ancient woodlands are decimated to make way for farmland thats then planted with a monoculture, and projects like HS2.

2020060893-bf3b8bee2b5f4ba7f996c122d911c0af-1200x800.jpg
Something a bit like this but with a bigger stand behind the goal, and much more enclosed.

I'd like something with a bit of character built into it. Can't stand the bland single tiered bowls a la New York, Keepmoat, Liberty, Riverside, St Mary's, etc.

The stand behind the goal must be single tiered. I'd like something similar to the new Spuds ground but on a smaller scale, with some Oxford inspired exterior design if Bakrie and Co fancy truly winning us over. Imagine the height of the north stand behind the goal, then something like the south stand encasing the rest of the ground.

A well designed concourse with mobile ordering at the stalls to eliminate the silly queues like we get now. Statues of our dearly departed legends.

And great big trophy room for the almighty journey we will be embarking on!
Maybe sooner than you think! ;)

Back
Top Bottom