Bird s**t on the seats
Broken floodlights
No hot water, soap or paper towels in the toilets
Rusty urinals with an overwhelming stench of P**s
A sewerage works nearby
One road in and out the stadium
A high roof with holes in so atmosphere floats out and rain drips in
No train station nearby
A muddy overflow car park that takes at least an hour and a half to exit after a busy game

Anything else and I fear I'll struggle to adapt.
Get there early and park outside The Blackbird. Simples. Ten minute walk.. Been doing it since 2001.

Public transport as good and affordable as Istanbul, got a boat to the game 70p each way.
The new ground needs banners........ big banners.....
The canary (Fenerbache) is burying the lion (Galatasaray)
1629469762974.png

A massive, underground spa, sauna and steam room complex in the bowels of the stadium, strictly for players and season ticket holders only. @RyanioBirdio is only allowed to come if he admits that @Scotchegg is deeply, deeply ITK.

A massive, underground spa, sauna and steam room complex in the bowels of the stadium, strictly for players and season ticket holders only. @RyanioBirdio is only allowed to come if he admits that @Scotchegg is deeply, deeply ITK.
Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see?

Do you know how many towels I go through a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into my local spa? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me.

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger of being excluded, Hampshire. I am the danger. I am the one who saunas!

I-am-the-one-who-knocksI-am-the-danger-scene.jpg

Only 48 pages to read about the takeover: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/consortium-takeover-news-and-rumours.5875/
And only 147 pages to read about the new stadium: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/potential-new-ground.2782/

We expect you to have read, researched and critically reviewed all posts and reached your own realistic conclusion shortly. :ROFLMAO:
I thought I had a relative grip of what was going on in the first few weeks. Now I am totally, totally lost.

I thought I had a relative grip of what was going on in the first few weeks. Now I am totally, totally lost.

Basically, go back to the thread, ask the same question from Page 1 then sit back and watch the entertainment.
The digital version of lobbing a Christian into an arena of wild animals....

It's simple:

There are a handful of posters who firmly believe that a new stadium complex will be built. Among these are well-connected individuals who are plainly nobody's fools.

Then there are those who say can't happen, won't happen, wouldn't have happened in my day etc. They don't believe a new stadium is imminent.

Finally there are the bulk of us who don't have a clue and will just have to wait and see. We can choose who we want to believe but that's it. Meanwhile we should occupy ourselves by waving flags, drinking cider or bickering using photons and electrons.

Where though? Oxpens could be ideal if the city had the balls (pun intended). Otherwise airport? Behind BMW? The council don’t have the land needed for housing and have no obligation or desire to help the club?

Best circa 20,000 capacity stadium around if we could just pick one off the shelf?

Last edited:
It has to be in central Oxford obviously. I see that they are knocking down the horrible Clarendon Centre so let's build it there! There is no need to more cafes, science labs and student accommodation that they are planning, we've got more that enough of that already. Joking apart, in the post-retail era cultural venues are exactly what city centres need to keep them alive. I would build the stadium in the Oxpens/Becket Street area along with a large theatre/music venue (in my dreams).

It has to be in central Oxford obviously. I see that they are knocking down the horrible Clarendon Centre so let's build it there! There is no need to more cafes, science labs and student accommodation that they are planning, we've got more that enough of that already. Joking apart, in the post-retail era cultural venues are exactly what city centres need to keep them alive. I would build the stadium in the Oxpens/Becket Street area along with a large theatre/music venue (in my dreams).
Indeed, prioritising retail developments and parking feels dated now. A combined football ground and gig venue across from John Lewis would be just the thing.

Indeed, prioritising retail developments and parking feels dated now. A combined football ground and gig venue across from John Lewis would be just the thing.
Scruffy football fans being wandering the city scaring tourists and beating up students? Never be allowed*

* This comment brought to you by The 70s Cliché Company. Your go-to place for outdated views.

Scruffy football fans being wandering the city scaring tourists and beating up students? Never be allowed*

* This comment brought to you by The 70s Cliché Company. Your go-to place for outdated views.

Modern day football fans make tourists and students look scruffy!! It's all hair product and fancy coloured clothing - or was that just Charlie??!!

15k capacity.

Safe standing.

A designated place that spans the whole stadium where fans can hang their own flags. Keep this as an advertisement free zone so stewards don't get pissy that we're covering the sponsors.

Is it the same posters whinging about cleanliness who also want the Manor Ground recreated brick for brick , presumably including pissing against a brick wall ?

Is it the same posters whinging about cleanliness who also want the Manor Ground recreated brick for brick , presumably including pissing against a brick wall ?

Yes absolutely. Got to get the full ambience.

Back
Top Bottom