General Fantasy New Stadium

Wandering Yellow

To have a nice break from the doom and gloom surrounding the longest takeover of all time and the lack of basics at the current stadium, let's imagine you have an unlimited budget to build your fantasy stadium for Oxford United.

For me, it would somehow be located in land in Headington which of course is where the club was founded many moons ago.

Capacity: 22,000

One end of the ground, would be a safe-standing near replica of the London Road End, minus the supporting pillars at the front. The back of the stand would feature a supporters bar, serving ales located from across Oxfordshire, which come at the price of just Ā£2 per pint for season ticket holders.

One side would be a large 10,000 seater single-tier imposing stand, with OUFC written on the seat, and a giant Oxes head between the U and the F.

The other end would be an open-air stand featuring safe standing for away supporters. It has a 2,000 capacity and on a rainy Tuesday night would be a very unpleasant place to be, Asda Basic soap in the toilers compared to the Orange and Bergamot Handwash we are accustomed to in the London Road End.

The other side would feature top quality corporate facilities to impress new signigns, luxury heated and padded seats for the current SSU'ers, with some seats having an added option to massage you. The club pay models to serve drinks to the people in this stand so they needn't even get off their seats for a drink. The luxury bar is well stocked with Ovaltine and Horlicks so there is no need for the current SSU brigade to bring their flasks anymore. The stand is set across four tiers, with the levels of luxury increasing the further up you go.

The new stadium is connected by a supersonic train which takes just 45 minutes to the brand new "Oxford United FC" Station, which takes just 45 minutes to reach from London Paddington.

In no particular order:

Broken seats
Maximum 3 stands
Bird s**t on the seats
Broken floodlights
No hot water, soap or paper towels in the toilets
Rusty urinals with an overwhelming stench of P**s
A sewerage works nearby
One road in and out the stadium
A high roof with holes in so atmosphere floats out and rain drips in
No train station nearby
A muddy overflow car park that takes at least an hour and a half to exit after a busy game

Anything else and I fear I'll struggle to adapt.

I'd introduce a stadium which offered a self driving shuttle service from my front door at no additional cost in record breaking speed. A sort of technology which at present doesn't yet exist.

I'd also like a 120,000 seater stadia which can be radically reduced for pizza trophy games down to roughly 650 and somewhat unrealistically, against all logical building regulations can then be expanded for those serious league games against the likes of Cheltenham and Morecombe whereby our support will have swelled to cater to our newfound demand for tickets in our newly impressive state of the art ground which also houses half time Pizza Hut buffets, a Gastro pub carvery and a Hooters. You might be thinking at this point 'how is this possible? The 15 minute half-time interval isn't enough to sustain such an expanse of food services'. Alas, this is no trouble for Oxford United, a financial powerhouse by League One standards.

I fully expect the developer to take into account the same feelings I hold towards the Manor when creating this juggernaut of a ground, all while still representing an attractive proposition for players and younger supporters alike. A different balancing act, yes; none of this matters however by virtue this ambitious project wouldn't cost the club anything as the developer is feeling somewhat generous (he is an Oxford supporter himself).

I think that'll do.

Last edited:
Ground location near to the ring road.
purpose built metro station, bus terminal and under ground car park for ST holders onlyšŸ˜‰ cycle lanes.
125000 capacity ,four stands all covered with a retractable roof, heated seats and air conditioning in the concourse, meal deals, free programs, massive screens with replays, KFC for kip so he can actually see a game, half time entertainment provided by YF posters going off on one about some four by four not being parked exactly between the marked bays, lifts for the upper stands, state of the art toilet facilities .

Quite simple really Iā€™d like a bowl shaped stadium higher stands down the sides lower stands behind the goals with some safe standing areas in all stands 50.000 capacity micro breweries the length of the stands decent chippie free program with beer vouchers inside for ST holders underground car parking a huge megastore big screens on each stand for goal replays half time entertainment with the bomb dog from a few years back Crystal Palace style cheerleaders

I'd introduce a stadium which offered a self driving shuttle service from my front door at no additional cost in record breaking speed. A sort of technology which at present doesn't yet exist.

I'd also like a 120,000 seater stadia which can be radically reduced for pizza trophy games down to roughly 650 and somewhat unrealistically, against all logical building regulations can then be expanded for those serious league games against the likes of Cheltenham and Morecombe whereby our support will have swelled to cater to our newfound demand for tickets in our newly impressive state of the art ground which also houses half time Pizza Hut buffets, a Gastro pub carvery and a Hooters. You might be thinking at this point 'how is this possible? The 15 minute half-time interval isn't enough to sustain such an expanse of food services'. Alas, this is no trouble for Oxford United, a financial powerhouse by League One standards.

I fully expect the developer to take into account the same feelings I hold towards the Manor when creating this juggernaut of a ground, all while still representing an attractive proposition for players and younger supporters alike. A different balancing act, yes; none of this matters however by virtue this ambitious project wouldn't cost the club anything as the developer is feeling somewhat generous (he is an Oxford supporter himself).

I think that'll do.
"Build it and they will come"

A bigger Manor Ground in tip top condition with the same number of stands and huge floodlights so they are a beacon like the Manor for night matches.

Almost an exact replica of The Shay, Halifax.

More compact though, with 2 large stands to cater for the bandwagon jumpers when we reach the premier league.

To have a nice break from the doom and gloom surrounding the longest takeover of all time and the lack of basics at the current stadium, let's imagine you have an unlimited budget to build your fantasy stadium for Oxford United.

For me, it would somehow be located in land in Headington which of course is where the club was founded many moons ago.

Capacity: 22,000

One end of the ground, would be a safe-standing near replica of the London Road End, minus the supporting pillars at the front. The back of the stand would feature a supporters bar, serving ales located from across Oxfordshire, which come at the price of just Ā£2 per pint for season ticket holders.

One side would be a large 10,000 seater single-tier imposing stand, with OUFC written on the seat, and a giant Oxes head between the U and the F.

The other end would be an open-air stand featuring safe standing for away supporters. It has a 2,000 capacity and on a rainy Tuesday night would be a very unpleasant place to be, Asda Basic soap in the toilers compared to the Orange and Bergamot Handwash we are accustomed to in the London Road End.

The other side would feature top quality corporate facilities to impress new signigns, luxury heated and padded seats for the current SSU'ers, with some seats having an added option to massage you. The club pay models to serve drinks to the people in this stand so they needn't even get off their seats for a drink. The luxury bar is well stocked with Ovaltine and Horlicks so there is no need for the current SSU brigade to bring their flasks anymore. The stand is set across four tiers, with the levels of luxury increasing the further up you go.

The new stadium is connected by a supersonic train which takes just 45 minutes to the brand new "Oxford United FC" Station, which takes just 45 minutes to reach from London Paddington.
Sounds like Kenilworth road

15-18000 seater with room to expand. Designed with acoustics in mind to help an atmosphere, except for the away end lol. Nice and steep stands, close to the pitch. State of the art food and drink facilities. Good sized concourses, and a decent supporters bar with entertainment now and again before the game.

As for Location city centre would be amazing but realistically somewhere with good transport links, park and ride, a train station close (stratfield brake sounds good lol).

Lots of land around the stadium with a state of the art arena that can host ice hockey, basketball and other sports and entertainment alongside gigs of course. Around a 6-8000 capacity should be plenty big enough for that and could hopefully lure some pretty decent size bands to the area.

A decent pub nearby and plenty of other options as well for things to do before the game.

Just this.............. dropped on/near a roundabout like Peartree with easy access from the North.
Failing that just knock down the Westgate & Oxpens and wedge it in there.
50k capacity, soft comfortable seats in the side stands, even has heaters built into the roof for chilly evenings.

1629441045870.png

The best ground I have ever been to anywhere in the world. :love:

And the seats are the right colour too! šŸ’›šŸ’™

Rather than being a fantasy we should be aiming for an eco community stadium, constructed of carbon neutral materials and powered by the sun and wind where rainwater is harvested for pitch irrigation and toilets.
Green walls and roofs where possible around the outside with an internal concourse selling only local Oxfordshire produce with a zero waste policy in place.
Fantastic public transport and cycle path links deterring driving.
Outside the ground will be a fan's woodland where we and the club and Board can plant trees to remember lost loved ones and offset carbon created from our football travel. There will also be eco units providing business space attracting similar like minded business creating a green business hub for Oxford.
The whole complex acting as an exemplar for other stadium constructions across the world enhancing the "Oxford brand" sought by the board.
Erick, if you're reading this my consultancy fees are very reasonable.....

Last edited:
Rather than being a fantasy we should be aiming for an eco community stadium, constructed of carbon neutral materials and powered by the sun and wind where rainwater is harvested for pitch irrigation and toilets.
Green walls and roofs where possible around the outside with an internal concourse selling only local Oxfordshire produce with a zero waste policy in place.
Outside the ground will be a fan's woodland where we and the club and Board can plant trees to remember lost loved ones and offset carbon created from our football travel. There will also be eco units providing business space attracting similar like minded business creating a green business hub for Oxford.
The whole complex acting as an exemplar for other stadium constructions across the world enhancing the "Oxford brand" sought by the board.
Love these ideas

Ground share with Forest Green? :)

Back
Top Bottom