Fan's View - Wycombe away

Thanks Paul, great report as usual.
Yes, the ref had some interesting decisions to make in the game.
When their goal was disallowed, the ref stopped us taking a quick free kick. Why? Once the kick has been given to us surely we can take it?
I appreciate some of the Wycombe players were still celebrating and not ready, but does that matter?

Excellent as usual Paul.

With regard to Henry Winters article I tend to agree that it was good that he 'exposed' Kassam holding back the club. I have read on here so embody suggesting that this was not good, but I disagree with that sentiment.

The Loungers won't be attending the Fans forum. Means driving up early and disrupting normal routine but also, like yourself Paul, we don't see much coming out of the meeting.

As for the stadium, well, it will never get settled until the club has an option to leave and go elsewhere. My belief is that FK will not budge on his standpoint. As you say, he was given all the cards long ago.

Great read as always, Adams Park always brings back memories of 3-0 and Moody and Massey hanging off the crossbar.
I do disagree with the "scapegoating" bit though. You are allowed to support Obika and Mitchell (good game, pleasingly) and still criticise their performance without them automatically becoming scapegoats.

Kassam is absolutely no friend of the club. He is the biggest stumbling block to progress.

Every time I see that weedy little fence I feel ill.

The glimmer we saw from Smith was I thought more evident in the tin pot which I know you don't bother with. I am a little surprised that he's not getting in front of Obika who did have one of his better games on Saturday. When he's on I so want him to do well as do many fans I think, but he gives me the impression that he has not enough self belief. Thought Ruffles played very well when he came on in his pretty solid way.

Great read as ever from a sensible perspective, unlike many of the frothing loons I normally end up next too/near!! Thanks muchly.

Good read as always Paul.

Re Nelson - I cannot see him signing a new contract, can you? The only hope we have of getting any money back on him is if he plays sufficiently well between now and January for a smaller 'big' club (if that makes any sense) to think they've got no chance of picking him up for free at the end of the season thereby forcing them to make a bid in the transfer window.

Good read as always Paul.

Re Nelson - I cannot see him signing a new contract, can you? The only hope we have of getting any money back on him is if he plays sufficiently well between now and January for a smaller 'big' club (if that makes any sense) to think they've got no chance of picking him up for free at the end of the season thereby forcing them to make a bid in the transfer window.

Yes, that does make sense. He'll be a loss playing wise and also financially.
Not quite like the stadium situation but CN holds all the cards. He owes us nothing other than to put in decent performances during the remaining time of his current contract. It wasn't his fault he got injured. Nor the club's.
For him to accept it would probably have to be an improvement on what he is now on, and I bet that's pretty decent, but also with the undertsanding that if a sizeable offer comes in we let him go. (What's sizeable to one person isn't to another).

Back
Top Bottom