Fan's View - Wimbledon away

I always really enjoy these, you get the tone just right - you take it very seriously but with lots of perspective and humour

Thanks Paul. It always helps to have your perspective on the game. Have to feel for those Sunderland and Torquay fans, their fate is pretty much sealed, ours? Well, who knows.

I almost didn’t read this Paul as I knew it would be a depressingly accurate summary. Having done so I sense a bit of anger creeping in alongside the real fear now of relegation. My thoughts are the same but at least I didn’t have to endure the pitiful advert for a football match as you describe. Who knows by next week we might all be talking of a new dawn with revitalised management and a performance to lift the spirits, or maybe not!

Good read Paul, I agree Mous is a very competent and intelligent footballer, but his confidence is at rock bottom maybe rest him or a new coach could be able to restore some confidence in him and the team in general. As regards comments towards Thomas from our 'fans' are appalling, even more so after just 30 mins

Torquay lost at Maidstone Utd - that was the Stone’s first win in EIGHTEEN games.

Maidstone's third win over Torquay this season.

We do all know that we’re going to go away to Shrewsbury, Wigan and Blackburn and get all 9 points, don’t we? It’s the way we roll!

Very, very generous to DE. When a chairman in the lower leagues rips 4 million out of his club in a summer and spends none of it on transfer fees back in, it is highly likely to have a negative impact.
This top 3 budget? Really? There are clubs in this league up at 4.5 million. Last year we were 2.8 million. And we sold our highest wage earners (Lundstram and Marvin).
And then running off abroad in a relegation battle, before flogging the club off for max possible by loading it up with hard debt.
I know it is difficult for those who have hero-worshipped for so long, but if ANY chairman did all the above over 9 months (strip 11 million and run for the hills with club close to trapdoor) then I would criticise them pretty severely.

Thanks Paul always look forward to your fans view. It's not a sense of inertia I feel, it is inertia coupled with fear and lack of leadership in the dugout and the team. We agree about Mous but what I don't see from him as captain is any attempt to change what's going on as the managers representative on the pitch, possibly because of the unfair criticism he receives his confidence to do so is shot I'll cite corner taking as an example of this. The Charlton game much as I enjoyed it was the last time I felt we could win a game, then when you think about it on that day the team after thirty minutes had picked itself by accident and the result was some pretty enjoyable football. The fare dished up since has been very very worrying, I have been trying to keep my glass half full buts it's a bit difficult at the moment.

Torquay lost at Maidstone Utd - that was the Stone’s first win in EIGHTEEN games.

Maidstone's third win over Torquay this season.
Thanks. I'll correct that. It was at Maidenhead a couple of weeks back that Torquay actually won.

Very good read as always, Paul. We all shout and moan and blown off steam on here (Bazzer especially), so it’s good to have your sage words to read on the Monday commute.

I think you’re being lenient on Tiger though. Sure it would appear that he’s only been in charge a few weeks, but we know he’s been involved for longer. DE even said that he was responsible for lumping in the cash to bring Cameron Brannagan to the club.

He must’ve known that DE wanted to sack Pep Clotet (DE even said that the poor results were only part of it – the staff despised Pep and his methods), he must’ve known a managerial search was needed and yet he’s treated the exercise as though it’s something that can be kicked down the road for a bit. How long ago was it that Ledson said answers were needed on the managerial situation?

I didn’t trust our new owner when I heard his name mentioned, I trust him less after Myles’s research into his nefarious mates who could be lurking in the background and I don’t trust him to make the right appointment to remedy the situation. He’s got a long way to go to prove me wrong.

Very, very generous to DE. When a chairman in the lower leagues rips 4 million out of his club in a summer and spends none of it on transfer fees back in, it is highly likely to have a negative impact.
This top 3 budget? Really? There are clubs in this league up at 4.5 million. Last year we were 2.8 million. And we sold our highest wage earners (Lundstram and Marvin).
And then running off abroad in a relegation battle, before flogging the club off for max possible by loading it up with hard debt.
I know it is difficult for those who have hero-worshipped for so long, but if ANY chairman did all the above over 9 months (strip 11 million and run for the hills with club close to trapdoor) then I would criticise them pretty severely.

And you are free to do so. As I am to express my view (or lack of it - as I am not party to any inside information or any accounts since the latest published to June 2016.) You seem to be as you refer to our budget last year. Fair enough.

Serious questions - do you know how much the following are currently earning? Pekalski, Ricardinho, Tiendalli, Van Kessel, Mehmeti, Williamson, Nelson ... and the rest are on? And from your comments you must know what Lunny & Marv were on. How much?

I also don't get this stripped £11m. Or run for the hills when he's still around with a 10% holding.

I thought I had a bit of an idea about hard and soft debt but perhaps not. Not sure what I've missed here, if anything.

Very good read as always, Paul. We all shout and moan and blown off steam on here (Bazzer especially), so it’s good to have your sage words to read on the Monday commute.

I think you’re being lenient on Tiger though. Sure it would appear that he’s only been in charge a few weeks, but we know he’s been involved for longer. DE even said that he was responsible for lumping in the cash to bring Cameron Brannagan to the club.

He must’ve known that DE wanted to sack Pep Clotet (DE even said that the poor results were only part of it – the staff despised Pep and his methods), he must’ve known a managerial search was needed and yet he’s treated the exercise as though it’s something that can be kicked down the road for a bit. How long ago was it that Ledson said answers were needed on the managerial situation?

I didn’t trust our new owner when I heard his name mentioned, I trust him less after Myles’s research into his nefarious mates who could be lurking in the background and I don’t trust him to make the right appointment to remedy the situation. He’s got a long way to go to prove me wrong.

Yes. I wouldn't disagree with that. But I want to give him some time as actual owner and Chairman. This could all end very badly indeed. End ... what I mean by that I'm not sure.

Fans View threads are strictly off limits to the warring factions. Didn't you get the memo?

Agree with your thoughts about Tiger, Paul.
I have severe doubts about him but I also think back to the feelings many of us had when the vile crook Maxwell took over.
He proceeded to do some crap stuff as regards OUFC (fences, Thames Valley Royals, nepotism etc etc) but he did appoint Jim Smith and we went on to enjoy our best years on the pitch.
Tiger's choice of manager will be a real test of where he is at.

And you are free to do so. As I am to express my view (or lack of it - as I am not party to any inside information or any accounts since the latest published to June 2016.) You seem to be as you refer to our budget last year. Fair enough.

Serious questions - do you know how much the following are currently earning? Pekalski, Ricardinho, Tiendalli, Van Kessel, Mehmeti, Williamson, Nelson ... and the rest are on? And from your comments you must know what Lunny & Marv were on. How much?

I also don't get this stripped £11m. Or run for the hills when he's still around with a 10% holding.

I thought I had a bit of an idea about hard and soft debt but perhaps not. Not sure what I've missed here, if anything.

I take it there'll be no response then.

Back
Top Bottom