Fan's View - Wigan

Of course people would like to know what DE is up to but .... Pep has had a (supposedly) competitive budget and it is Pep who has brought most of this squad in. It is Pep who has them playing the way they are at the moment. Often very ineffectually. It is Pep who decided to start with Rothwell and Ledson on the bench on Saturday.
I'm not so sure Pep had a huge say in the players who have come in. It was Eales plan to "look for value outside the UK". Pep may have gone along with that plan and then suggested one or two players, like Xemi. But Clotet was clear he had not been hugely involved in the last week of the transfer window. Eales has cashed out, but charged us more for the privilege of watching him do it.

I left at 0-4. It was 6 by the time i got back to the car and the seventh went in just as I was switching the tv on.

I said to my mate that night, more in hope than expectation, that perhaps it would be Pep's "Cambridge" moment and with the side we put out yesterday at Gillingham it might well turn out to be a turning point. Let's bloody well hope so.

What a reminder, bungle! Was that Cambridge game televized? I do remember it as being particularly awful, and imagine that I saw it rather than just listened, but we did go from 2nd from bottom to a respectable mid-table finish with MApp. Luckily I wasn't able to get the video feed of the game--the commentary alone was dire enough. Ever (well, almost ever) the optimist, I'm hoping that we get back to the type of exciting and attacking football that we seemed to be playing at the start of the season.

Back
Top Bottom