Fan's View Fan's View - Walsall

Good read as always....10th place is where we are, and there or thereabouts is where this campaign will end I think. Though IF constant costly defensive errors and inconsistantcy in our strikers can be addressed, then maybe bit part play off role is attainable?

Thanks Paul once again for an excellent appraisal of the match and where we are in reality. I did not go but even listening to the commentary when they said Henry was being subbed I was shouting how can that be at the radio, you have confirmed that I thought correctly. Keep up the good work for us please

Good overview Paul.

I thought that we should have won the game comfortably. Their keeper was MoM and as you said we missed some very good chances. Had Obika scored to equalise there should have only been one winner.

The key thing to me for next season is that we have to stop conceding stupid goals. Shrewsbury are where they are because they have only conceded 18 goals. We have scored more NINE more than them. For the first Paul, I had Canice at fault (but I haven't seen the replay). A very poor decision by the ref in the free kick from my angle. Canice should have concentrated on stopping the quick free kick. It appeared to me that he was busy complaining. Sure the rest of the defence switched off, but the quick free kick caught us out and shouldn't have been allowed to have happen.

Good overview Paul.

I thought that we should have won the game comfortably. Their keeper was MoM and as you said we missed some very good chances. Had Obika scored to equalise there should have only been one winner.

The key thing to me for next season is that we have to stop conceding stupid goals. Shrewsbury are where they are because they have only conceded 18 goals. We have scored more NINE more than them. For the first Paul, I had Canice at fault (but I haven't seen the replay). A very poor decision by the ref in the free kick from my angle. Canice should have concentrated on stopping the quick free kick. It appeared to me that he was busy complaining. Sure the rest of the defence switched off, but the quick free kick caught us out and shouldn't have been allowed to have happen.

That's a good point. No-one thought it was a free-kick but play to the whistle is of course the golden rule. It really annoys me when quick free kicks are prevented by an opponent standing in front of the ball. But if referees allow it then we should be doing it too.

Back
Top Bottom