Fan's View - Walsall at home

Misleading again for me. You can spin stats how you like, for example:
30% of our shots were on target.
60% of Walsall shots were on target.

XG is good for trends but falls apart for one off games because it doesn't take into account the time of scoring. Walsall went 1 up after 25 minutes and were defending comfortably. They let us have a lot of shots from benign areas that racks the Xg score up but in the context of the game that is the perfect way to play. xg is saying we should have won that game 3-1, which doesn't stand up to the eyeball test, not for me anyway. Walsall had the ball over the line for a third too.

Quite. And drawing conclusions from 9 games is a small sample, however it at least provides an indication if we are as poor as the table suggests.

My argument last week and this is simply our attack isn’t great, and most talk is around the lack of a striker, however a larger concern for me is that we are conceding for fun. 42% of shots on target against us over the last 9 games have resulted in a goal. That is a problem

Quite. And drawing conclusions from 9 games is a small sample, however it at least provides an indication if we are as poor as the table suggests.

My argument last week and this is simply our attack isn’t great, and most talk is around the lack of a striker, however a larger concern for me is that we are conceding for fun. 42% of shots on target against us over the last 9 games have resulted in a goal. That is a problem
Not wishing to put all the blame on our stand in goalkeeper, but he’s no Eastwood.

That would be totally unfair. Eastwood has played one game this season. He let in 4.
What it’s unfair to attribute some blame , so we keep him because he’s better than Eastwood when Eastwood returns fit.

Back
Top Bottom