Fan's View - Sunderland in the Carabao Cup

Pretty much as we saw the game too, Paul. The highlights flatter Shandon but, on the whole he was not on good form. We thought the team, as a whole, looked a bit mismatched. Had to feel for Matty Taylor, the first decent cross into the box came after he had been subbed!

But, we won! Through to the next round. Something else to look forward to this season. (along with what will soon be quite a fixture list)

On the Carabao sponsorship money, I wonder if the vast majority gets distributed through the FL payments (TV deal money, other Sponsorship money etc, PL solidarity payments and the relative % split between the leagues) that the clubs receive. But this would ensure the vast majority goes to their members.

Thanks Paul.
Agree with most of that and their penalty shout near the end looked to be one of the most stonewall penalties you could see.
I felt a little sorry for Taylor. There were 2 or three times in the first half when he had space in the middle but for very poor crosses (Sam Long is a very good defender but no Cadden when crossing)
Penalties. Exciting but they are awful if your team is involved.

good read as usual. make sure you get the quiz questions right when we play city ?

On the Carabao sponsorship money, I wonder if the vast majority gets distributed through the FL payments (TV deal money, other Sponsorship money etc, PL solidarity payments and the relative % split between the leagues) that the clubs receive. But this would ensure the vast majority goes to their members.
I too wondered that but decided I'd spent long enough researching. I agree with a fair split (whatever that is) but think there should be a bit more for winning a few games.

good read as usual. make sure you get the quiz questions right when we play city ?
To beat City we'd have to get 20 out of 20 and that ain't going to happen. It's one of those quizzes when sometimes we can't even pronounce some of the words in the questions let alone get the right answer. :)

Agree about the selfishness (and the possible reason) though I do think Hall is one of the worst offenders. He’ll beat someone then carried away and have a ridiculously optimistic shot from distance. Yes, he scored, but I’m not impressed by the way he fails to slot into the team ethos. Perhaps, as a fringe player, he’s trying too hard.

Back
Top Bottom