Fan's View - Southend Away

Good write up as usual Paul. Those statistics are somewhat bemusing, I am guessing that the change in play second half by Southend helped but, not to that extent surely?
That stadium is long past it's sell by date though. The toilets are disgusting and got worse during the game. Talk of the seats, we first tried to sit in row O, some bright spark had bolted the seats down a little too far forward and left it necessary to sit with knees rammed into the seats in front! Needless to say, we moved.

Nice read, Paul.

I think your comments on man of the match are spot on. I thought Cadden did well under some minor examination from Southend and he would be third in my ratings, after Henry and Taylor.

Having rewatched the game on iFollow, I can probably agree with the pass count. Southend completed an awful lot of passes in their own half, especially in the first 45, whilst we were a lot more direct and incisive.

One thing I will say for the ground is that I think the sound in the away end can be good. I'm told it doesn't carry around the ground though.

Thanks for the report Paul. I was pleased to see Ruffels back from injury and providing his usual solid 7/10 performance. In terms of the football, as ever you've captured all the salient points. In terms of the beer, a few of us ended up here (see link) as we didn't fancy the Weatherspoons in town, it was well worth a visit and about 20 minutes walk to the ground, might not be back there for a few seasons though...

Thanks for the report Paul. I was pleased to see Ruffels back from injury and providing his usual solid 7/10 performance. In terms of the football, as ever you've captured all the salient points. In terms of the beer, a few of us ended up here (see link) as we didn't fancy the Weatherspoons in town, it was well worth a visit and about 20 minutes walk to the ground, might not be back there for a few seasons though...

Cheers - I will bear that in mind. Didn't know it was there. The only micro pub I knew of in Southend was Mawsons and that is nearly two miles from the ground.

Back
Top Bottom