Fan's View - Shrewsbury

Very depressing, if an agent can find Ledson a championship club he’d be earning his money, he’s not half the player he was and I know he’s got dross around him this year but he’s well out of form.

Thanks for making the effort Paul, very depressing though, Henry's role or lack of it in their goal sums us up at the moment, don't care much. Whatever the cause, whether right or wrong despite denials it was not affecting the playing staff, the off field events clearly have. It's gonna be a hanging on by the fingernails job but I just about believe we can hang on.

Thanks for the report. I think you are right about Saturday's game - I have been keeping fears of the drop at bay by thinking the next three games are the ones that count. Lose on Saturday and I think we are in the mire and sinking.

Excellent, depressing but true. I agree about Ledson Cass63 - he really has not shown anything for a month or more & I would not be surprised if he has not been 'tapped'. Almost every season a "good" team slides dramatically into Relegation mire - that's us this year!

Very good report and general analysis, Paul.
And yes, I'd wondered about Mousinho as a midfielder. His aerial presence might help there too. Presumably that would mean Martin and Dickie as central defenders.
Henry has shown that he is is a class player. Like you I felt a bit mystified at his general inertia on Saturday.
Big test for Karl Robinson this week, good managers do need to be able to get the best out of limited squads.

Spot on Paul. I sense the underlying message here is that in your heart of hearts you don’t believe we’re good enough to stay up. I have to say I feel the same. The squads a complete mess, Robinson needs to be able to polish the proverbial.. interesting food for thought is pushing Mous into midfield at the expense of one of the younger players and putting Martin in at the back.?

Despite everything I’ll be there Saturday chewing my nails down to the elbows and I’ve persuaded my partner and her son to come along too. We need to get as many bums on seats there as we can. Flood the place with Yellow!

Excellent, depressing but true. I agree about Ledson Cass63 - he really has not shown anything for a month or more & I would not be surprised if he has not been 'tapped'. Almost every season a "good" team slides dramatically into Relegation mire - that's us this year!

if only that were true eh !!!! we are anything but a "team" we have individuals with good ability but we certainly do not function as a team...other sides have not had to be anything above standard as they are afforded so much time and space certainly in and around our penalty area, there is so much lack of attacking the 2nd ball.. forwards that cannot control a ball or make decent runs...we have a decent keeper Dickie has huge potential along with Rothwell and Ledson, Nelson has been missed but will he hang around?...
It's frightening that the opposition look like scoring at virtual every attack...i stated a few weeks ago that those below us would all need to suddenly find form whilst we fail to get 9 pts or so and we look like just about getting away with it...
in a way i wish the remaining fixtures were opposite because we rarely perform at home at the best of times let alone when there will be so much tension around the place.

I understand that Ledson and Rothwell have signed pre-contract deals with Preston and Blackburn.

Thanks for making the effort Paul, very depressing though, Henry's role or lack of it in their goal sums us up at the moment, don't care much. Whatever the cause, whether right or wrong despite denials it was not affecting the playing staff, the off field events clearly have. It's gonna be a hanging on by the fingernails job but I just about believe we can hang on.
Understand from radox commentary the dugout were alluding to his serious lack of team play on Monday..might have to revise player of the season vote

Understand from radox commentary the dugout were alluding to his serious lack of team play on Monday..might have to revise player of the season vote

To be honest I’ve always felt he’s been exposed defensively when played out wide. Opposition players drift past him seemlessly and any 50/50 ball becomes about 70/30 in the opposition’s favour when contested by him.

It’s obvious that Henry has talent, but I just find him to be too much of a luxury player. I’d much rather see Rothwell played in the number 10 role with pacy wingers on each flank.

Spot on Paul. I sense the underlying message here is that in your heart of hearts you don’t believe we’re good enough to stay up. I have to say I feel the same. The squads a complete mess, Robinson needs to be able to polish the proverbial.. interesting food for thought is pushing Mous into midfield at the expense of one of the younger players and putting Martin in at the back.?

Despite everything I’ll be there Saturday chewing my nails down to the elbows and I’ve persuaded my partner and her son to come along too. We need to get as many bums on seats there as we can. Flood the place with Yellow!

We have played badly enough in too many games to have any complaints about where we are and where we might be heading. That said there are probably more than 4 teams that deserve to go down.

Henry has had a good spell but on Friday in the first half he looked fed up and disgusted by the efforts of those around him. I guess playing with some of that lot wears you down.

Henry has had a good spell but on Friday in the first half he looked fed up and disgusted by the efforts of those around him. I guess playing with some of that lot wears you down.
I think KR needs to get the players together this week for the old ‘clear the air team meeting’ If there’s any simmering resentments or signs of disunity they need to be kicked into touch asap

Thanks for this Paul. For myself I'm now past the point of being angry, I've now gone for the merely annoyed and frustrated approach, which for me deadens the pain. Your incisive report says nearly all that needs to be said as far as the football we're currently 'enjoying'. It would be harsh to blame Eastwood for the first goal; ten of our outfield players were between the free kick and the back of the net. You're right about the third goal, there were opportunities to stop the attack and even when the shot came in both our central defenders seemed to hesitate going towards the ball, and / or were content to leave it to Eastwood? Fine margins but such poor judgment is costing us dear in every match. A minor point about Rothwell's goal; I was directly in front of his strike and yes it took a deflection which made it fall just inside the post. Thus, the first time we get a decent cross into the box, Thomas scores and when we get a good shot on target we score. I'm looking for more of the same on Saturday, I just hope the leaky defence does much, much better.

Last edited:
We've been considering an overnight in Blackburn but really, don't know why. Season will be over by then, one way or the other.

Thanks Paul, as good as ever and an honest report.

Back
Top Bottom