Fan's View - Scunthorpe at home

Excellent summary as usual.
You briefly mentioned Sam Long at the end, I think he is a huge improvement on Jamie Hanson, gives the back four a stronger unit look, he seems more aware of what is happening and reacting accordingly. I would like to see him given a run at right back to the end of the season.

Excellent summary as usual.
You briefly mentioned Sam Long at the end, I think he is a huge improvement on Jamie Hanson, gives the back four a stronger unit look, he seems more aware of what is happening and reacting accordingly. I would like to see him given a run at right back to the end of the season.
I don't want to go over the top about him as he's a Bicester lad and I wouldn't want to be accused of being biased.
He's certainly playing well enough at the moment to retain his place and has waited long enough for a run in the team.

Thank you Paul. I always look forward to reading your view of the game.

Glad to hear that you agree with our thoughts of the first half. A dire first half was the overwhelming opinion of our table in the 1893 lounge.

Turn around in the 2nd half. So much better and entertaining. Result at the end even if the ref missed the blatant push on Sam Long. Also agree, he is coming on in leaps and bounds. A very confident and committed young player.

Upshot of all that is that the 'loungers are booked up for Coventry and Shrewsbury away. Enthusiasm to travel has returned. COYY!

good stuff as normal Paul..pretty much concur with all you said. I did look up "patheticness" tbh though...seems ok, if a bit weird?..but yes we were pretty dire first half.

Agree with others on here ..KR do keep the faith with Sam..and ditto with Sykes for the Gills game. Brannagan back in if 100% with Sykes and save Henry as another potential game changer on the bench.

Not 100% sure re Garbutt in front of Josh again but yep...mebbe..unleashing Gavin on 60 again against tired'ish legs.

Agree on Dickie. Sadly some, once they've made their mind up won't change it regardless of evidence.

Thank you Paul as usual for an informative description if the game.
I totally agree re Dickie who has been excellent against Blackpool and Scunthorpe.
A guy behind where we sit told all and sundry on Saturday that Dickie is nowhere near good enough to be one of our CBs next season. Mmm.

I totally agree re Dickie who has been excellent against Blackpool and Scunthorpe.
A guy behind where we sit told all and sundry on Saturday that Dickie is nowhere near good enough to be one of our CBs next season. Mmm.

He'll get a shock next season then.

good stuff as normal Paul..pretty much concur with all you said. I did look up "patheticness" tbh though...seems ok, if a bit weird?..but yes we were pretty dire first half.

Agree with others on here ..KR do keep the faith with Sam..and ditto with Sykes for the Gills game. Brannagan back in if 100% with Sykes and save Henry as another potential game changer on the bench.

Not 100% sure re Garbutt in front of Josh again but yep...mebbe..unleashing Gavin on 60 again against tired'ish legs.

Sometimes when I bang the FV out I use words then have to look them up myself to see if they are real or I've made them up. Patheticness was one such word - "Pathetic quality; the state or condition of being pathetic or evoking pathos." Anyway i get fed up of using the same old words.

There's a post on the Oxford United Fan Page on Facebook absolutely slagging Dickie off. If you get negativity like that what chance do we have? People are so blinkered. Look what happened at Accrington when he did not play.

There's a post on the Oxford United Fan Page on Facebook absolutely slagging Dickie off. If you get negativity like that what chance do we have? People are so blinkered. Look what happened at Accrington when he did not play.
Some people decide whether a player is good or not on their first appearance. And then it becomes some odd point of principle that they will never change their minds, no matter what a player does. And worse than that, some of these people then have to 'crusade' against a player to try and persuade others that (no matter the evidence of their own eyes!) they were 'right' all the time. Very strange. Personally I am always happy when a player I'd dismissed suddenly improves and in doing so improves the team!

Some people decide whether a player is good or not on their first appearance. And then it becomes some odd point of principle that they will never change their minds, no matter what a player does. And worse than that, some of these people then have to 'crusade' against a player to try and persuade others that (no matter the evidence of their own eyes!) they were 'right' all the time. Very strange. Personally I am always happy when a player I'd dismissed suddenly improves and in doing so improves the team!

What an excellent post.

you don’t sit in the north stand do you? bloke near me constantly shouts abuse at Dickie. been doing it all season

Back
Top Bottom