Fan's View - Rotherham away

Crikey, we are not doing well currently but let’s not talk ourselves into relegation.

There is no way on earth that this team should be near the bottom 4.

We will pull well clear.

And he said ... tempting fate .. feel free to bookmark.

We all said the same in 2006. We never thought it possible and that was two teams being relegated. There are four slots this time around.

What a dreary, but utterly necessary, read, Paul. Heaven knows where the motivation, impetus and confidence is going to come from. Having to play the teams on good runs of form isn't helpful. I'm not even particularly confident of us getting anything against Northampton or AFC Wimbledon when we come to play them either ...

We all said the same in 2006. We never thought it possible and that was two teams being relegated. There are four slots this time around.

What a dreary, but utterly necessary, read, Paul. Heaven knows where the motivation, impetus and confidence is going to come from. Having to play the teams on good runs of form isn't helpful. I'm not even particularly confident of us getting anything against Northampton or AFC Wimbledon when we come to play them either ...
Judging by the last two games, especially the home game to Gasss, Cobblers and Wombles will probably give our players the rough em up treatment (as usual), given both having a liking for the physical approach. Basically it likely OUFC will get beaten up on the pitch, unless the whole squad toughen up n fight fire with fire

I've just looked up the "current form table" - last 6 games Portsmouth, Scunthorpe, Donny, Fleetwood, Rochdale, Bradford & MK Dons have all gained fewer points than us. Continuing to get on average a point a game as we have done in those 6 games will see us end up on 55. So I've suddenly become all contented. (Or perhaps not)

Paul, agree with every word. Really disappointed with the two lads from Man City, they seem totally out of their depth. Rotherham could easily have scored 5 or 6. Our defence make it so easy for the opposition I can't see us keeping a clean sheet in any game. After Plymouth, there are 3 vital games against Northampton, Fleetwood and Wimbledon, the performance, and points haul, in these games will set the scene for the final 10 games of the season.

Yes we have had a shocking run, but you are right. Even having had a shocking run, we have done better than 5-6 teams.

I reckon people need to look at the League table. In all likelihood Rochdale and Bury are pretty doomed. I reckon MK are in deep deep trouble ) 30 points in 31 games and have had the new manager for a few games now). So even to get 50 points they need 20 points from 15 games (very unlikely based on their performance to date). And yes they could turn it round but their last 5 games have one draw and FOUR DEFEATS. So they are on a worse run than OUFC.
Of the rest below us? AFCW are 7 points behind us and have LOST THEIR LAST 4. Fleetwood are five points behind us and have LOST THEIR LAST FOUR.

So sure we are looking poor (although we have played some of the form teams in the league (and Plymouth have won their last 4). But we have a fair few points cushion and there are some very poor teams below us (and they are a way behind us because they have not achieved many points so far).

If we were somehow able to win our next 3 games we would be 2 points down on last years tally in the 5 game blocks.
Cant see it myself though :(

Prior to the Rotherham game,I had us down as drawing 9 and losing 6.
Rotherham was one of the drawn games !
We need at least 10 points from 14 games.
I shall be cheering the team on at all of those games and currently am not having any sleepless nights over relegation.
Keep the faith

It's also worth remembering that despite our current form we have a much superior GD to most if not all of the teams below us although another couple of Wigans could change that. On current form I'm not hopeful of getting anything from Plymouth on Saturday and after that we will need to be on our mettle against Northampton; Fleetwood and Wimbledon who will be fighting for their existence in League 1. I can't see us being relegated but a big improvement on the way we are playing at the moment is required.

Why ?

It makes no difference if it’s Northampton or Blackburn. But could u point me to a run this season where we haven’t picked up enough points to be safe (which even then would rely on other teams doing much much better than they have managed all season.

The only thing is, we’re getting worse and disjointed. The young loanees don’t look good enough, we don’t have a fit recognised striker, both our midfield/defence you could drive a bus through and it’s a struggle to know what team to put together.

Who knows what’s really going to happen, we could go unbeaten for the rest of the season, but it’s looking more like we won’t win another game or at least the belief isn’t there.

All I do know is, when we galvanised as a fan base all believing the whole atmosphere was a lot more positive. Having said that, Darryl’s got a lot to answer for for the current state around the club.

The only thing is, we’re getting worse and disjointed. The young loanees don’t look good enough, we don’t have a fit recognised striker, both our midfield/defence you could drive a bus through and it’s a struggle to know what team to put together.

Who knows what’s really going to happen, we could go unbeaten for the rest of the season, but it’s looking more like we won’t win another game or at least the belief isn’t there.

All I do know is, when we galvanised as a fan base all believing the whole atmosphere was a lot more positive. Having said that, Darryl’s got a lot to answer for for the current state around the club.

That does concern me. Having watched all our games except in the Checkatrade I don't think that can be argued with on recent form, other than Charlton. Oh for another Charlton.

Specifically regarding the young loanees - harsh yes but true. It's not their fault what they've been thrown into so I don't really blame them. In different circumstance they'd probably look very different footballers.

Er we are to play Wimbledon and Fleetwood who have both lost their last four. So I would reckon that their supporters would reckon that they have no chance of winning another game.
BUT this is football. We all know that it simply aint like that. I would bet a lot of money that OUFC, Wimbledon and Fleetwood will win games this season.
If you believe otherwise I reckon you will get really good odds from the bookies ...
It was three games ago when we won at Charlton... just to put a little perspectibe into things
(I reckon we will probably lose tomorrow and this will all go on until we win a couple of games)

That does concern me. Having watched all our games except in the Checkatrade I don't think that can be argued with on recent form, other than Charlton. Oh for another Charlton.

Specifically regarding the young loanees - harsh yes but true. It's not their fault what they've been thrown into so I don't really blame them. In different circumstance they'd probably look very different footballers.
I agree with the fact that we seem to have gone from one extreme to another. Older foreign players to very young English players.
I wonder whether we need to play the PL footballers? If not I wonder why Richardino has not played the previous couple of games.
Playing three inexperienced players from the PL is a big miscalculation from the club DF?

Back
Top Bottom