Fan's View - Rochdale

Well written Paul, I was one of those ST holders that didn’t go had the bug and was poleaxe so had to listen to the commentary from Radox and yes I was frustrated at what I heard as I couldn’t be there. I thought ok can’t make the fa cup against Plymuff so I will go to the P**s pot trophy and it’s been moved back a few weeks, now I have to wait 2&1/2 weeks for my next game

You seem surprised by the small crowd, Paul, and that only 5,000 of us turned up. But those of us not local were promised wind, rain and the need for a few layers of clothing. With Manure on tv it wasn’t that surprising that few ventured out for an evening in the breeze block (although ironically the weather was fine!). Thanks for the report; articulate and informed, as always.

Open question: when did we last see a better individual performance than Browne's last night?

Johnson at Luton perhaps? I wasn’t Johnson’s biggest fan but there were certainly parallels yesterday. Particularly when he began shooting on site in search of the hat trick goal.

Excellent as usual Paul.
Browne had a cracking game and does look far too good for League 1 if he can get some consistency.
I guess my worry having seen the last 2 games is that unless the referees are stronger Browne and Whyte could well get kicked off the pitch game after game.
I agree with you with regard to the very poor crowd and the lack of atmosphere. Who at the club is trying to do anything about this? It really isn't obvious.

Excellent as usual Paul.
Browne had a cracking game and does look far too good for League 1 if he can get some consistency.
I guess my worry having seen the last 2 games is that unless the referees are stronger Browne and Whyte could well get kicked off the pitch game after game.
I agree with you with regard to the very poor crowd and the lack of atmosphere. Who at the club is trying to do anything about this? It really isn't obvious.

That is a big concern for me too. Referees have to be stronger for flowing football to flourish. Every player will mistime a tackle now and again but it is plainly obvious when there's deliberate attempts to stop an opponent in full flow. Sometimes those attempts are dangerous other times just little pull back and niggles. All should be punished appropriately be the offence in the first minute or last.

Back
Top Bottom