Fan's View - Peterborough at home

Great read as usual and you, if anyone on this entire forum, deserve answers to the questions that you asked in the previous Rage.

I greatly appreciate the report and your intelligent points made which I agreed with, esp Mr Evans helping to create an atmosphere.

as always another great read @Paul B

We all, supporters and fans of lower league clubs) should be mindful of the hidden (and not so hidden ) agenda of Shaun Evans (and his sidekick, former OUFC owner, IL too)

re bad treatment by stewards (etc), Football Supporters Federation are also worth directly contacting and keeping informed or any experiences.

Albeit a bit like telling my granny how to suck eggs, FSF additionally has an ongoing Away fans survey, which you're probably already aware of ? if case you're not ..... here's the link-http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/away-fans-survey-returns-for-201718

We all, supporters and fans of lower league clubs) should be mindful of the hidden (and not so hidden ) agenda of Shaun Evans (and his sidekick, former OUFC owner, IL too)

re bad treatment by stewards (etc), Football Supporters Federation are also worth directly contacting and keeping informed or any experiences.

Albeit a bit like telling my granny how to suck eggs, FSF additionally has an ongoing Away fans survey, which you're probably already aware of ? if case you're not ..... here's the link-http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/away-fans-survey-returns-for-201718

Shaun Evans? Is he some sort of mega-bastard hybrid of Steve Evans and Shaun Harvey?

I did contact the FSF. They said if I heard back from Bradford to let them know. I guess they knew nothing was likely to be forthcoming.

I did contact the FSF. They said if I heard back from Bradford to let them know. I guess they knew nothing was likely to be forthcoming.
may be worth letting them know Bradford didn't respond?

I can remember Ken Vasey and Darren Jackson when they were playing for the U's often being in the Ampleforth Arms Risinghust...... longer ago than it seems!

Excellent report, a great summary of the events of the day, thanks Paul.
My Mansfield friend said that it is around 80 minutes that the ref normally got round to speaking to Mr Evans most games, which is about the same time on Saturday. It begs the question why doesn't he ever get booked and after 5 bookings get a touchline ban. Can managers get booked? Or is it only the extremes of either being sent to the stand or just a little talking to ( I doubt Mr Evans actually bothers listening)

Agree with your comment about Ashley Smith-Brown and surprised that he hasn’t got more of a mention elsewhere. He looked sound, confident and his distribution was a lot better. Maybe the diamond formation forced him to think more defensively as very often there were acres of space in front of him with Mowatt tucked inside. Whatever the reason a definite improvement.

Agree with your comment about Ashley Smith-Brown and surprised that he hasn’t got more of a mention elsewhere. He looked sound, confident and his distribution was a lot better. Maybe the diamond formation forced him to think more defensively as very often there were acres of space in front of him with Mowatt tucked inside. Whatever the reason a definite improvement.

We do seem to have a significant number of supporters who readily criticise players playing badly but go silent when they improve and play well. I've said that many times. The same applies during matches. I thought Wes Thomas had a good game. Very little praise and support for him at the back of the SSU but when he made a mistake near the end of the first half I heard "get him off". I replied even louder "keep him on". Fellow supporters (is that really what they are) at times do my head in.

I would like to know what the old Oakwell was like? I have never been, and I want to.

I always enjoyed going to the old Oakwell. Apart from the odd scrote or two I found them a friendly bunch.

With the away end being next to a park, if the game was awful which happened a few times you could watch a local game. I remember one game like this when a lad in a local game scored and to his surprise got a cheer from quite a few of the Oxford fans.

I always enjoyed going to the old Oakwell. Apart from the odd scrote or two I found them a friendly bunch.

With the away end being next to a park, if the game was awful which happened a few times you could watch a local game. I remember one game like this when a lad in a local game scored and to his surprise got a cheer from quite a few of the Oxford fans.
I appreciate it, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom