Fan's View - Man City

Thanks Paul. Always a good read and yes, it was an altogether different experience to watch that kind of class live and on our pitch.

I mentioned to Mrs Lounger how they took throw ins, so often the ball was launched into a space where a player immediately appeared, something we could benefit from! And, as you mentioned, some of those passes, if only!
Hey ho, on to the pleasures of the Cherry Red Records and the Wombles.

You say Holmes effort annoyed you cos he couldve laid it off to a fellow player?? i disagree,Baptiste had a great chance in the 1st half to have a shot but decided to lay pass the ball and the attack was shut down.......when you have the chance i say SHOOT,ya wont get many against teams like that............just my opinion tho ;)

My first thought when I saw the city side was fair play to Pep for showing us and the competition some respect. However, it should be noted that their U21s were playing in the EFL trophy up at Crewe, although they gave them a walloping so who's to say they wouldn't have done the same to us.

As an England fan we can only hope that Foden gets plenty of game time this season and as an England fan, Sterling missed at least one sitter! Have to admit, I was more than slightly disappointed with the booing of Sterling when he came on.

I must admit I didn't understand why several of their players were booed by a few numpties - unless they have all played for the lot down the road at some point of course! ;)

My first thought when I saw the city side was fair play to Pep for showing us and the competition some respect. However, it should be noted that their U21s were playing in the EFL trophy up at Crewe, although they gave them a walloping so who's to say they wouldn't have done the same to us.

As an England fan we can only hope that Foden gets plenty of game time this season and as an England fan, Sterling missed at least one sitter! Have to admit, I was more than slightly disappointed with the booing of Sterling when he came on.

Had thought of mentioning the U21s then decided not to. But i think you may have a point.
Can't stand, or understand, booing for no obvious reason.

You say Holmes effort annoyed you cos he couldve laid it off to a fellow player?? i disagree,Baptiste had a great chance in the 1st half to have a shot but decided to lay pass the ball and the attack was shut down.......when you have the chance i say SHOOT,ya wont get many against teams like that............just my opinion tho ;)

As you say just opinion. But Holmes was never going to score form there. Plenty of things do my head in at football and one of them is when people constantly shout "shoot" when a forward has the ball but two, three or four defenders blocking their route to goal.
It's all down to decision making on what option is the likeliest to result in a goal. Here both were pretty minimal to be honest.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Thanks Paul.
Man City seem to have a bit if class about them. I heard that Pep spent some time talking and having photos taken with young kids. Stirling apparently did the same at half time.
I am not sure that in his current frame of mind Mr Mourinho would have been quite so accommodating.
Like you I enjoyed watching them as they are an exceptional team with world class players. Their second goal was ridiculous in the speed they went from their area to a goal.
I really hope that Foden goes on. He could be just what England need in a couple of years.
Like you I was worried about a mauling. We defended well and KR did what he did when he first came in. We had good shape and were disciplined like at Blackburn and Wigan.

And shortly after that huddle with Robinson etc (photo) we went 2-0 down!! What was that all about?
I would guess that he said let's go for it as We have nothing to lose.
When you go for City they are at their most dangerous though....

Had thought of mentioning the U21s then decided not to. But i think you may have a point.
Can't stand, or understand, booing for no obvious reason.
I think it’s because people perceive Sterling to be an arrogant money-grabbing little sh*t; the antithesis of the player we want here at Oxford.

I think it’s because people perceive Sterling to be an arrogant money-grabbing little sh*t; the antithesis of the player we want here at Oxford.

Perception and reality. At the time he left Liverpool he said it was all about wanting to be the best he could be and play in a successful team. Then Man City then offered that likelihood much more than Liverpool who at the time were managed by Brendan Rodgers. Perhaps take that with a pinch of salt.

As long as he delivers on the pitch and doesn't disrupt team spirit that should do. I don't think he is any different to most players. Even at our level players are looking to play as high as they possibly can / earn as much money as they possibly can during their relatively short careers. It is all a matter of degree.

His background - grew up in a rough area, father killed in gangland violence in Jamaica. An ambassador for a police charity. Involved in projects aimed at stopping young kids getting involved in crime. Donations to charity. I'd say taken into account this at least cancels out the negative stuff.

Perception and reality. At the time he left Liverpool he said it was all about wanting to be the best he could be and play in a successful team. Then Man City then offered that likelihood much more than Liverpool who at the time were managed by Brendan Rodgers. Perhaps take that with a pinch of salt.

As long as he delivers on the pitch and doesn't disrupt team spirit that should do. I don't think he is any different to most players. Even at our level players are looking to play as high as they possibly can / earn as much money as they possibly can during their relatively short careers. It is all a matter of degree.

His background - grew up in a rough area, father killed in gangland violence in Jamaica. An ambassador for a police charity. Involved in projects aimed at stopping young kids getting involved in crime. Donations to charity. I'd say taken into account this at least cancels out the negative stuff.

Especially as most of the negative (made up) stuff stems from the weird agenda that the Daily Mail have against Sterling.

As you say just opinion. But Holmes was never going to score form there. Plenty of things do my head in at football and one of them is when people constantly shout "shoot" when a forward has the ball but two, three or four defenders blocking their route to goal.
It's all down to decision making on what option is the likeliest to result in a goal. Here both were pretty minimal to be honest.

We’ve had loads of shots all season but converted few, decision making in final 3rd needs to be a lot lot better.

Back
Top Bottom