Fan's View - Man City

Dared to be born black.
This is B*****s sterling gets booed more than any other England player because when it comes to country he plays crap. Of course people always play the racism card despite the large number of black players who play and don't get booed. His booing is nothing to do with colour, players like Ashley young and Danny rose get no such treatment. This constant crying of racism actually belittles those who have experienced it.

I think most people perceive Sterling to be a decent lad actually.

Who can’t finish.
I agree. Liverpool fans will tell you different, though.
His youth has made him a little naive in some of his recent actions. It was good to hear about him giving time to sign autographs on Tuesday.
I don’t think his colour has made any difference, Birdio.

On the sterling thing, there was a brilliant twitter thread in the summer before the World Cup (just after that gun tattoo storm in a teacup) with screenshots (more than a dozen) of every time some tabloid had used his name in a headline in a completely derogatory and unjustified manner. For example, one was something like ‘footy idiot raheem sterling signs new contract’, with absolutely nothing justifying the description of him as ‘footy idiot’. There is absolutely some perverse racist agenda in the coverage and treatment of sterling by many.

I too was embarrassed by the booing - I had hoped our club was above that.

EDIT: rereading that, I don’t want that last comment to be read as implying that I think any of our fan base is at all racist and that was the reason for the booing. I was more making the comment that, in the wider footballing world, the treatment of raheem sterling is almost definitely fuelled by discriminatory attitudes, and, as a separate point, I was disappointed by the booing on Tuesday. I personally applauded him - as I did David Silva, a bona fide legend of the English game imo, and I was pleased many others felt the same way.

Last edited:
On the sterling thing, there was a brilliant twitter thread in the summer before the World Cup (just after that gun tattoo storm in a teacup) with screenshots (more than a dozen) of every time some tabloid had used his name in a headline in a completely derogatory and unjustified manner. For example, one was something like ‘footy idiot raheem sterling signs new contract’, with absolutely nothing justifying the description of him as ‘footy idiot’. There is absolutely some perverse racist agenda in the coverage and treatment of sterling by many.

I too was embarrassed by the booing - I had hoped our club was above that.

EDIT: rereading that, I don’t want that last comment to be read as implying that I think any of our fan base is at all racist and that was the reason for the booing. I was more making the comment that, in the wider footballing world, the treatment of raheem sterling is almost definitely fuelled by discriminatory attitudes, and, as a separate point, I was disappointed by the booing on Tuesday. I personally applauded him - as I did David Silva, a bona fide legend of the English game imo, and I was pleased many others felt the same way.

The most ridiculous tabloid stories about Sterling included him getting criticism for buying some clothes from Primark and buying his mum a house which is appalling when you read his family's backstory*.

*I'm sure many other kids in similar positions in different industries have bought houses etc for their close family members. I would in such a position.

I would guess that he said let's go for it as We have nothing to lose.
When you go for City they are at their most dangerous though....

But why the huddle, why not just indicate that to the players from the sidelines?! Attention seeking me thinks!

But why the huddle, why not just indicate that to the players from the sidelines?! Attention seeking me thinks!
Who knows what he said?
Hardly a bad thing if he was trying g to rally everybody?

Good read Paul. I also noticed the misplaced pass from Hanson in a defensive position exactly the same as that which cost us against Walsall. Not sure how much we paid for him but given that Robinson said he is his most expensive signing ever I have yet to see the quality that I was expecting.

Good read Paul. I also noticed the misplaced pass from Hanson in a defensive position exactly the same as that which cost us against Walsall. Not sure how much we paid for him but given that Robinson said he is his most expensive signing ever I have yet to see the quality that I was expecting.
He also did something similar against Sunderland and got away with it.
He hasn't started particularly well but it has been very stop start and I reckon he will improve a lot in time (certainly hope so )

Back
Top Bottom