Fan's View - Gillingham away

Mackie? Dickie? Brannagan? Even Sam Long, perhaps?
Yes to Brannagan. "The Dickster" does try hard most of the time, but switches off regularly too. Mackie is the wrong kind of battler, not athletic enough or mobile enough but committed enough to give away stupid free-kicks. Long certainly seems motivated, just not sure he has the footballing toolkit to make a difference.

f*g hell, I almost wrote exactly the selfsame thing. The voice is gradually dimming too. Given the diet of shite we've had to succour ourselves with, who could blame you?

I just write it as I see it / feel it on a game by game basis. Glass half full or half empty? Not sure but I guess tending towards the latter. That said a decent win at Rochdale and the outlook will have changed somewhat. A defeat doesn't bear thinking about. But realistically we need to think about it cos it could happen. The bookies for some reason have made us favourites.

I just write it as I see it / feel it on a game by game basis. Glass half full or half empty?
I do think that's one of the strengths of your reports; certainly not accusing you of having an 'Agenda'.

I do think that's one of the strengths of your reports; certainly not accusing you of having an 'Agenda'.

No worries, that wasn't what I thought at all. I actually kind of question myself from time to time.
Interesting what a couple of you have picked up on. Expectation or hope - I really don't know.

No worries, that wasn't what I thought at all. I actually kind of question myself from time to time.
Interesting what a couple of you have picked up on. Expectation or hope - I really don't know.
Although I think your opinions are always very considered and ultimately fair, you seem at the moment to be a flag bearer for hope triumphing over reality. This club is in a mess, and the finger can be pointed squarely at the management - at all levels. Keep up the good work, though; I need your occasional breath of optimism when I despair at Robinson’s latest painful verbal and/or tactical faux pas.

Although I think your opinions are always very considered and ultimately fair, you seem at the moment to be a flag bearer for hope triumphing over reality. This club is in a mess, and the finger can be pointed squarely at the management - at all levels. Keep up the good work, though; I need your occasional breath of optimism when I despair at Robinson’s latest painful verbal and/or tactical faux pas.

That though can change match to match.

Back
Top Bottom