Fan's View - Forest Green Away

Enjoyable read, as always Paul. Re. the photo at the end of the piece, I see that FGR have two sets of goalposts at that end. That must be fairly unusual. Surely it causes confusion during the game?

Re the Nelson/Dickie pairing, would be nice to know what’s happening re; Nelson contractual wise.

He doesn’t seem that keen to sign, so will he move on in January for a fee?

I travelled up with two FGR mates. They said the non-use of the covered end annoys many away fans. Oh, and we were well worth our win. I think the difference in class was obvious and we moved the ball around much more effectively. But, as you say Paul, their shooting wasn’t too clever thankfully.

Enjoyable read, as always Paul. Re. the photo at the end of the piece, I see that FGR have two sets of goalposts at that end. That must be fairly unusual. Surely it causes confusion during the game?

Forest Green's shooting is so bad they are allowed to aim at two goal during the game. Not that it makes any difference.

Yep, given the diabolical start to this season and the sorry summer signings saga, I have felt slow to warm to the recent revival, but for some slightly weird reason this cup win seems to indicate a greater security in our professionalism. It does now feel as if we can achieve safety in L1 and, with some work in the January window, build for a better season in 2019-20.

That photo of the floodlights lightening up the dark, reminds me of when there were many more mid week games (Season use to start late August) and going to an away game you use to look out for the floodlights on the horizon and "just head in that direction". No SatNav in the 1980's!

No it's fine, your allowed two goalkeepers when you play there

That photo of the floodlights lightening up the dark, reminds me of when there were many more mid week games (Season use to start late August) and going to an away game you use to look out for the floodlights on the horizon and "just head in that direction". No SatNav in the 1980's!

I still do that at ours when I get off the 1 or 5 at the Leys!

After this 3-0 win, one line from Paul's report .... "One terrace wit informed those near him that we'll walk L2 next season"
I think, 6 weeks on that comment takes on a different perception.

Sadly, yes.

Back
Top Bottom