Fan's View - Fleetwood

It's a cruel world at times. But, if we cannot manage to put the round thing between the stick things more times than the other lot.....

All around me in the SSU can be heard the intake of breath whenever Moushino is on the ball, will he clear it? Will he give the ball away? Will it be another hospital pass?

Agreed, much better all round effort and application but, still, no goals. What a disaster of a season. I hope Tiger has got some very good finances ready for the summer!

Like you previously mouse has had my support but he does not seem to learn and once again we were lucky not to loose a goal . With our lack of goal scorers we can ill afford to give goals away. Most of the game for me he reads it well and seems to be in the right place at the right time he then gives us a collective heart attack. KR needs to give him a kick up the backside.

Good read again thanks. Having attended the game I was really impressed with the team’s and fans’efforts despite the pressure and circumstances we’re currently under.
Midway through the first half I turned to a friend and suggested that if we couldn’t put one of those chances away Fleetwood were going to do a smash and grab but still utter disbelief and anticlimax when McAleny put his shot away.
I still think we’ll be ok as we will no doubt sneak a win and a draw before the season ends what with football being a funny old game but we’re lucky we have a five point cushion.
It’s been a while since I attended a home game but f**k me, a drum! A DRUM!!!??? A tin pot f******g DRUM!!!!!?????
Come on guys we’re not Southend or Aldershot we can surely do better.
I’m all for building an atmosphere and if we’re gonna have to have a bloody drum (I don’t like drums at football) at least make it a bloody massive bass drum or gigantic tomtom but that sounded like it had been nicked from the local church hall’s toddlers set.

• React
Reactions: DSM
Good read as usual Paul.
Totally agree about Ricardinho. What on earth DF was doing playing Smith Brown ahead of him goodness only knows.
Whilst we clearly do not have a Pittman, Griggs or anybody near, Wes Thomas has 15 goals in 39 starts for Oxford and can look decent in front of goals at times (you rightly said that their keeper made one very good save off Thomas in the first half).
There is the old adage that you don't get the breaks when at the bottom. On Tuesday we needed one of the many crosses to get a nasty deflection or one to actually rebound to an Oxford player who couldn't miss. I watched some of the Real v Juventus game last night and the Real keeper made one almighty clanger. If we play the same on Saturday as we did on Tuesday we have a chance and could do with a break like the Southend keeper making a howler or us getting a break of some kind however it happens.
Agree totally about the crowd as well. In the past two games the crowd have been terrific.

Am I right in thinking Southend will be fresher than us, not having played midweek (and at the high intensity we’ve played the last two games)? Despite the effort, another 0-2 looms.

Am I right in thinking Southend will be fresher than us, not having played midweek (and at the high intensity we’ve played the last two games)? Despite the effort, another 0-2 looms.

Yes. And they only lost 1-0 at Blackburn last Saturday and have only lost 3 of their last 13 games. I'd rather not think about such things but that's the way it is.

Yes. And they only lost 1-0 at Blackburn last Saturday and have only lost 3 of their last 13 games. I'd rather not think about such things but that's the way it is.
Different ways of looking at stats Paul.

Southend seem to be very inconsistent. So they beat Gillingham and Rotherham 4-0/ 2-0 respectively, but drew with Blackpool and Rochdale and were stuffed 4-0 to Plymouth (in the past 6 matches). And as you say lost to Blackburn. So in the last 6 games they have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2.

Plus Blackburn are having a blip (having drawn with Gillingham mid week) !

I do agree that playing two games with such intensity is a slight worry for KR (and very few if any changes that he can make unless Henry is fit).

Southend do have the second to worst away form in the league (W3 D5 L12).

Agree with the comments about Kane - his final ball 90% of the time is woeful
yet he had the chances to get past his man and cross from out wide where we’re
desperate for width. So often the ball in was poor- hitting the first defender.

Is was 3 on 3 for the breakaway goal at the death - totally unacceptable
and Tim is right - to drop Ricardinho for ASB for six weeks or so
is a real head scratcher. We’re very nearly killed ourselves.

My main concern though is that Robinson seems to rate Mehmeti.

Excellent as usual Paul. I reckon we will need another 6 points to be safe as I feel sure the last relegation spot will have the highest number of points ever - & that team will go down on goal difference!
Mousinho is our Captain for heavens sake - do we ever hear/see him marshalling or organising? KR is desperate to get Nelson back in as he knows what is needed.

Agree with the comments about Kane - his final ball 90% of the time is woeful
yet he had the chances to get past his man and cross from out wide where we’re
desperate for width. So often the ball in was poor- hitting the first defender.

Is was 3 on 3 for the breakaway goal at the death - totally unacceptable
and Tim is right - to drop Ricardinho for ASB for six weeks or so
is a real head scratcher. We’re very nearly killed ourselves.

My main concern though is that Robinson seems to rate Mehmeti.

Yes I did find that very curious, but perhaps it is just a case of talking up the players he knows deep down are not up to it but also know that's all he has to work with.

Excellent read as ever. What was the official away attendance? Didn't we have something like the Stevenage 57 several seasons ago?

Well it won’t be a dull end of season and having so much to play for may work in our favour. Teams that are already safe, Southend and Donny will hopefully be thinking about their Summer hols.

Excellent as usual Paul. I reckon we will need another 6 points to be safe as I feel sure the last relegation spot will have the highest number of points ever - & that team will go down on goal difference!
Mousinho is our Captain for heavens sake - do we ever hear/see him marshalling or organising? KR is desperate to get Nelson back in as he knows what is needed.
The good news is that it is almost certain that six points will not be needed. Three to four in all likelihood will be enough.

So putting it all into perspective:

AFC have 46 points from 41 (1.12 points a game) and have 5 points in the last 5 games. So for us to need 6 points to get past Wimbledon they need 7 points from 5 games (1.4 points a game)

Oldham have 45 points from 40 games and 5 points in the last 5 games. They would need 11 points from 6 games (play off form)

Rochdale have 42 points from 40 games (they are on a good run of 8 points in the last 5 games). They would need 11 points from 6 games (play off form)

Then Walsall are still not out of it.

A lot of teams are playing each other (and they seem to be playing out as draws at the moment). 51 points I reckon will be enough (and maybe less)

Excellent read as ever. What was the official away attendance? Didn't we have something like the Stevenage 57 several seasons ago?
there was a guess the away attendance thread ...with a donation to the 'winning' predictions chosen charity, run by @stokeu (I think?).... 57 travelling Cod army , was there or there abouts (I think? )

would 57 cod army members in attendance qualify as a shoal?:sneaky:

there was a guess the away attendance thread ...with a donation to the 'winning' predictions chosen charity, run by @stokeu (I think?).... 57 travelling Cod army , was there or there abouts (I think? )

would 57 cod army members in attendance qualify as a shoal?:sneaky:

They really should call themselves an army should they? More like a platoon or perhaps a company on a good day;). Their lads could call themselves the Cod Squad :LOL:

Good read again thanks. Having attended the game I was really impressed with the team’s and fans’efforts despite the pressure and circumstances we’re currently under.
Midway through the first half I turned to a friend and suggested that if we couldn’t put one of those chances away Fleetwood were going to do a smash and grab but still utter disbelief and anticlimax when McAleny put his shot away.
I still think we’ll be ok as we will no doubt sneak a win and a draw before the season ends what with football being a funny old game but we’re lucky we have a five point cushion.
It’s been a while since I attended a home game but f**k me, a drum! A DRUM!!!??? A tin pot f******g DRUM!!!!!?????
I’m all for building an atmosphere and if we’re gonna have to have a bloody drum (I don’t like drums at football) at least make it a bloody massive bass drum or gigantic tomtom but that sounded like it had been nicked from the local church hall’s toddlers set.

Considering you haven’t been to the last two Saturday home games, I understand the confusion. You’ll notice that for the last two home games, nobody has complained about the drum. The last two home games have also been some of the best atmospheres this season at home. Admittedly, Tuesday night wasn’t the best, though Tuesday nights against nobody teams are always the hardest to get an atmosphere going, and there wasn’t much to cheer on.

The drum has been chosen carefully. If we chose a full on, deep, pounding loud drum, then nobody would have accepted it - they’re far too loud for the size of our section and our current fan base size. However, what this snare drum does is produce a variation of sound that can fit in with how loud people are singing.

I’m sick of death of songs getting quicker and quicker and quicker until they die out, and everyone is clapping like their lives depended on it. The drum has helped slow songs down, setting a tempo, and making them sound loud. Sounds good, right?

We’re more than happy with the reception the drum has received, and we’re going to continue with it. However, if you have any suggestions, feel free to forward them on to us.

Last edited:

Considering you haven’t been to the last two Saturday home games, I understand the confusion. You’ll notice that for the last two home games, nobody has complained about the drum. The last two home games have also been some of the best atmospheres this season at home. Admittedly, Tuesday night wasn’t the best, though Tuesday nights against nobody teams are always the hardest to get an atmosphere going, and there wasn’t much to cheer on.

The drum has been chosen carefully. If we chose a full on, deep, pounding loud drum, then nobody would have accepted it - they’re far too loud for the size of our section and our current fan base size. However, what this snare drum does is produce a variation of sound that can fit in with how loud people are singing.

I’m sick of death of songs getting quicker and quicker and quicker until they die out, and everyone is clapping like their lives depended on it. The drum has helped slow songs down, setting a tempo, and making them sound loud. Sounds good, right?

We’re more than happy with the reception the drum has received, and we’re going to continue with it. However, if you have any suggestions, feel free to forward them on to us.

More than happy with the drum. I’m beating time with the empty seat in front of me. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom