Fan's View - Fleetwood

Must admit I don’t like drums at football matches but because it’s a snare it sounds better and he’s using both sticks occasionally, I’m waiting for him to do a drum solo, keep it up if it helps us stay up.

Considering you haven’t been to the last two Saturday home games, I understand the confusion. You’ll notice that for the last two home games, nobody has complained about the drum. The last two home games have also been some of the best atmospheres this season at home. Admittedly, Tuesday night wasn’t the best, though Tuesday nights against nobody teams are always the hardest to get an atmosphere going, and there wasn’t much to cheer on.

The drum has been chosen carefully. If we chose a full on, deep, pounding loud drum, then nobody would have accepted it - they’re far too loud for the size of our section and our current fan base size. However, what this snare drum does is produce a variation of sound that can fit in with how loud people are singing.

I’m sick of death of songs getting quicker and quicker and quicker until they die out, and everyone is clapping like their lives depended on it. The drum has helped slow songs down, setting a tempo, and making them sound loud. Sounds good, right?

We’re more than happy with the reception the drum has received, and we’re going to continue with it. However, if you have any suggestions, feel free to forward them on to us.
While the snare drum seems to suffice for now, a rack tom, (which is slightly larger and has a deeper, less tinny, and more powerful sound ),may be a better option long term

Gotta say the idea of a drum wasnt something I'dve particularly welcomed ( often it sounds really rubbish), however, it does seem to work, and quite well too. Anything to improve the atmosphere at home games at the morgue like, soulless breeze block is fine by me :sneaky:;)

Back
Top Bottom