Fan's View - FA Cup 3rd Rd - Hartlepool

as always top FV..... agree that the club should perhaps concentrate on properly promoting (FA Cup) matches such as this, especially with a vastly reduced price for tickets ..... a crowd of 7500-8k wouldve been easy to achieve, IF this game had been promoted to the 10k+ crowds at home matches in the latter parts of December, as well as generally, across the city and Shire over the 'festive' period

Not sure about that Sarge. I think concentrating the promotion on the festive period matches was the right thing to do - many people will have brought family and friends. As a non-ST match against National League opposition this was always going to be a harder sell, and the club can only bang that particular drum so long. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd - I think the reduced price on the back of a good set of Christmas results was enough of a promotion in itself.
I do agree generally that 'bigging up' FA Cup matches is a good thing though - I very much dislike the way the competition is being downplayed by the Prem clubs in favour of European Cups at one end and the desperate desire not to fall through the gravy train trapdoor at the other...

Nice one TB.

I Also asked the question a while back. “Who IS paying for the new Traffic Mansgement “system”?...

”....................” , came the stern reply.

?

Nice one TB.

I Also asked the question a while back. “Who IS paying for the new Traffic Mansgement “system”?...

”....................” , came the stern reply.

?
The club I assume.
Supporters have been criticising the congestion before/ after games for a long time.
It appears that the club have got some traffic experts in to try and make things better.
Although some may be inconvenienced, I assume that in general things are better.
If bot tgd club will surely abandon the 'trial?'

as always top FV..... agree that the club should perhaps concentrate on properly promoting (FA Cup) matches such as this, especially with a vastly reduced price for tickets ..... a crowd of 7500-8k wouldve been easy to achieve
Really not sure about that Sarge. The crowd was very much more than the club and many of us thought it would be. I am really not sure how easy 7500 to 8000 would have been? Look at the FA Cup crowds generally ( which appear to be getting lower each season)

Really not sure about that Sarge. The crowd was very much more than the club and many of us thought it would be. I am really not sure how easy 7500 to 8000 would have been? Look at the FA Cup crowds generally ( which appear to be getting lower each season)
fair shout, though another 1-1.5k or so wouldve been good, and, IMO worth aiming for,... especially at £10, or less, a ticket

:unsure:Your description of Baptiste’s wonder goal did not, possibly, do it justice!

He accelerated on to Fosu’s square pass , dropped his shoulder , shimmied , did a double rollover with his studs and a little lollipop put Raynes
on his backside before nonchalantly slotting last Beeney.

EDIT - Michael Raynes scored for Oxford in a 3-3 FA Cup
tie at Accrington in December 2012.

I'm always amused by the folk who "try" the SSU and in particular, the 1893 club areas at these sort of games. £22.00 for 1893 with half time tea/coffee and access post game to meet the man of the match is really good value. Taking up our normal seats we were surrounded by "newbies" who appeared to enjoy themselves although I can't recall one couple in particular, taking up the tea/coffee at half time. Still disappointing to read comments from some who thought all us regulars are miserable, moaning old gits. Still, some may wish to try again and perhaps, one day, they may decide that a certain level of comfort is no bad thing!

Sorry to be blunt, but do you get to piss on clean porcelain? Or Reading supporters, that would also be acceptable

I'm always amused by the folk who "try" the SSU and in particular, the 1893 club areas at these sort of games. £22.00 for 1893 with half time tea/coffee and access post game to meet the man of the match is really good value. Taking up our normal seats we were surrounded by "newbies" who appeared to enjoy themselves although I can't recall one couple in particular, taking up the tea/coffee at half time. Still disappointing to read comments from some who thought all us regulars are miserable, moaning old gits. Still, some may wish to try again and perhaps, one day, they may decide that a certain level of comfort is no bad thing!
I was one of those newbies, offered a seat in a box, normally sit on the halfway line in the north stand.
Thoroughly enjoying afternoon noon. ( apart from the first half) Each to his own, support the club that's the main thing.
Back in the north stand for Saturday.

:unsure:Your description of Baptiste’s wonder goal did not, possibly, do it justice!

He accelerated on to Fosu’s square pass , dropped his shoulder , shimmied , did a double rollover with his studs and a little lollipop put Raynes
on his backside before nonchalantly slotting last Beeney.

EDIT - Michael Raynes scored for Oxford in a 3-3 FA Cup
tie at Accrington in December 2012.
Yes, I meant to change it at the time. I knew he'd scored in the FA Cup too. I meant to say one league goal.

No words could do his goal justice. But you've come close. Perhaps I should sub contract the goal descriptions out to your good self.

I think the SSU gets unfair press at times from those who sit elsewhere. Yes, it's not a hotbed of youthful enthusiasm but it is never going to be as it is the most expensive section of the ground and is not behind the goal. There's certainly a lot of passion there and decades and decades of experience of following OUFC. I wouldn't say there's any more moaning where I sit than there is at your average away game when I'm located near a different set of supporters who are bound to have a lower average age.

The club I assume.
Supporters have been criticising the congestion before/ after games for a long time.
It appears that the club have got some traffic experts in to try and make things better.
Although some may be inconvenienced, I assume that in general things are better.
If bot tgd club will surely abandon the 'trial?'
Some that are being inconvenienced for no logical reason whatsoever. Like VAR it needs a bloody good tweaking.

Excellent read as usual Paul. For the first time I watched a game from the East Stand and it’s true what they say about the facilities. Stand was full with only one tea hut open = massive queues well into the second half. Viewing from behind the goal also gives you no perspective of what is going on at the far end. That said i was at the end where all the goals were scored and had an excellent view of Baptiste as he weaved magically into the penalty area for his goal.

I experienced the 1893 club at the Wycombe game as a bit of a treat for my daughter's friend and her Dad who rarely go to games. It was nice to have somewhere to go at halftime and after the game and found most that we spoke to really friendly. The only problem was that we mistakenly sat at the match sponsors table at halftime and they rudely moved us on. It was then a scramble to find a seat let alone a biscuit (although the table we eventually joined were very welcoming!!)

I'm not sure I'd go every game, but was worth a little extra for special occasions. We'll know our place next time though and join the riff raff at the back!!!

Back
Top Bottom