Fan's View - Doncaster Away

Good read paul.
The bar at the ground was refreshing. Both sets of fans drinking together with no hint of trouble.
Thats the way it should be.

Three clearest memories of the day will be:
The friendly, welcoming, non-threatening home support.
The relief at the final whistle - indescribable.
My continuing frustration (along with several others in my vicinity) with Obika. He really is a waste of space. Serious question: can he run faster than a slow trot?

Three clearest memories of the day will be:
The friendly, welcoming, non-threatening home support.
The relief at the final whistle - indescribable.
My continuing frustration (along with several others in my vicinity) with Obika. He really is a waste of space. Serious question: can he run faster than a slow trot?
Re Obika - have to agree. I nearly included how poor he was but decided as time was of the essence - I'd had a busy day - and because negativity didn't seem right after those 3 pts to not include it. There was quite a sizeable group of fans a bit further down the stand to my right who were getting increasingly frustrated with him as the game progressed. I think they managed to resist shouting insults but I could tell from their comments they were not happy. It would have been difficult to have disagreed with them. Obika has another year on his contract. I wonder how Karl Robinson feels about that?

Re Obika - have to agree. I nearly included how poor he was but decided as time was of the essence - I'd had a busy day - and because negativity didn't seem right after those 3 pts to not include it. There was quite a sizeable group of fans a bit further down the stand to my right who were getting increasingly frustrated with him as the game progressed. I think they managed to resist shouting insults but I could tell from their comments they were not happy. It would have been difficult to have disagreed with them. Obika has another year on his contract. I wonder how Karl Robinson feels about that?

Get to January and pay him off I expect.

top FV as usual ..... and awayday pub/real ale guide back ( after an absence for Wigan away....... EG: the Camera award-winning ale house, The Albion in Standish? ;)....though travelling up the M6 on a Tuesday is far from ideal, and rarely allows much drinking time when theres a match to watch! :confused: )

Good read as usual Paul. Having seen the highlights there seemed to be a lot of chances for Donny which fortunately they either squandered or were saved by Eastwood which suggests our defence can still improve. Did we really only have that one chance in the match?

Good read as usual Paul. Having seen the highlights there seemed to be a lot of chances for Donny which fortunately they either squandered or were saved by Eastwood which suggests our defence can still improve. Did we really only have that one chance in the match?

Too right. We mustn't get carried away one bit. Despite the bodies we have in midfield now we need to improve in closing down, denying space and stopping the opposition to create chances. Other than the goal I think Obika had a fairly tame header. Improvement needed at that end of the field too.

In hindsight what a massive result that was. Even Blackburn struggled against them on Tuesday night. I can’t see Oldham beating them on Saturday. Stranger things have happened tho.
Also the result against Southend at home. Comparison to Oldham 0 - Southend 3.
What a fantastic job Robinson has done.

In hindsight what a massive result that was. Even Blackburn struggled against them on Tuesday night. I can’t see Oldham beating them on Saturday. Stranger things have happened tho.
Also the result against Southend at home. Comparison to Oldham 0 - Southend 3.
What a fantastic job Robinson has done.

Yes, particularly given what he has to work with and the state of the place when he came through the door.

KR i certainly shaking things up, he's even now saying he wants to send his staff out on loan to get experience

Too right. We mustn't get carried away one bit. Despite the bodies we have in midfield now we need to improve in closing down, denying space and stopping the opposition to create chances. Other than the goal I think Obika had a fairly tame header. Improvement needed at that end of the field too.
I think you are right, improvement is needed all over the pitch (with a Nelson/Dickie central defence and the keeper excepted), and Doncaster certainly missed some chances - as have other teams we have played recently. And as we did against Fleetwood of course. However, once the season has finished, we are never going to see a team containing of many of the current players again - and KR will have the summer and preseason to get some better players in and get them organised. So I see the latter part of this season as an exercise in just avoiding the drop and the whole team will be rebuilt before next August.

Back
Top Bottom