Fan's View - Doncaster at home

Very restrained overview of the match officials ineptitude @Paul B ;)

What , if anything, can be done to get the FA & EFL to acknowledge, admit and address the blatantly obvious ultra low standard of match officiating?

If theres any campaign, petition or similar demanding that something is done, count me in!

- after all football, certainly in the professional divisions/ leagues is part of the entertainment business, few paying 'customers' are of late getting value for money with inconsistencies meted out by in the main sub standard match officials, who are simply not fit for purpose IMO

Very restrained overview of the match officials ineptitude @Paul B ;)

What , if anything, can be done to get the FA & EFL to acknowledge, admit and address the blatantly obvious ultra low standard of match officiating?

If theres any campaign, petition or similar demanding that something is done, count me in!

- after all football, certainly in the professional divisions/ leagues is part of the entertainment business, few paying 'customers' are of late getting value for money with inconsistencies meted out by in the main sub standard match officials, who are simply not fit for purpose IMO

Are they getting worse?
It's not an easy job they have but at times the standard is just awful. Not just in L1 either. One only has to watch MOTD to see that.

The game is a lot faster than it used to be. Not a fan of VAR, not that we'd get it at this level, but have wondered if a ref for either half of the pitch would help.

The game is a lot faster than it used to be. Not a fan of VAR, not that we'd get it at this level, but have wondered if a ref for either half of the pitch would help.
Not sure that would help but probably worth a try. I am a fan of VAR, very much so as long as it is used correctly. Less chance of getting things wrong and lots of incidents can be cleared up almost immediately. Perhaps the second ref should be in the stand watching the VAR stuff and be able to tell the one on the pitch what the correct decision should be. Would save a lot of time.

One of the most inept performances by an official this season, and we’ve had quite a few this season.

I agree about the Henry goal - a bizarre interpretation of refereeing, that if he could not be certain that it was a legitimate goal - and I agree he had no way of knowing - then he should disallow it. Was there any discussion with the lino on the South side?

A good read Paul, I spoke with Sinclair after the game and obviously we're you offside, no I was two yards onside

That the officials can get things wrong is a given and sometimes the wrong side will benefit but, what really gets me angry is the total lack of accountability. No admission of fault, no apology and anything said by any player, manager, coach etc. is then adjudged as bringing the game into disrepute.
Too much to ask that officials be taken to task for their mistakes?

Back
Top Bottom