Fan's View - Coventry at home

There is no longer a legal requirement for private companies to hold an AGM.

Paul, agree with most of this, but don’t forget it was Robinson who told Mitchell to kick the ball into touch. When he actually first played for us I thought his kicking/distribution was quite good, but he has so little options no wonder it’s poor. For some reason, (again Ribinson/coaching staff) the fullbacks push right up to the halfway line nearly when the keeper had the ball rather than being deep and wide to offer another option.

Bring back Chrissy Allen I say. Whenever he took to the touchline the players respected him.

I thought that might be the case now but wasn't sure.
So, even less chance of knowing what is going on.
Tiger himself said at the fans forum (pre match) there would be an AGM.... it appears now there wont be one in 2018

Paul, agree with most of this, but don’t forget it was Robinson who told Mitchell to kick the ball into touch. When he actually first played for us I thought his kicking/distribution was quite good, but he has so little options no wonder it’s poor. For some reason, (again Ribinson/coaching staff) the fullbacks push right up to the halfway line nearly when the keeper had the ball rather than being deep and wide to offer another option.

Bring back Chrissy Allen I say. Whenever he took to the touchline the players respected him.
I am.not sure Robinson ever said kick into touch?
I remember him saying in one particular windy ganevto aim towards the sides at the full backs to avoid being exposed down the middle if the ball came straight back. But never kick into touch.

KR was stood at the back of the SSU very near where we sit. I was obviously watching the game and not him but I think he was getting animated because the players were not doing as instructed.

The Sky coverage had a few shots of KR on his mobile to Derry (and vice versa) Also conversations with the two tactical analysts. Didn't look as though Tiger had any part in the conversation though. Certainly not in camera shot.

We have played only seven league games and conceded four penalties.
Shearer v Fleetwood, Hanson at Portsmouth, Ruffels v Accrington
and Mitchell v Coventry. That’s a lot. We’ve also already conceded two own goals.

We have played only seven league games and conceded four penalties.
Shearer v Fleetwood, Hanson at Portsmouth, Ruffels v Accrington
and Mitchell v Coventry. That’s a lot. We’ve also already conceded two own goals.
That's a worrying stat. But I would have thought they are things that shouldn't be too difficult to eradicate.

Such a contrast between the Sunderland and Coventry game, it makes you wonder what is the real problem this season. Many have said we need to give it 10 games before giving our veiws of how the season will pan out and with just 3 of those games to go it don’t look promising. Should Tiger act now or wait until nearer Christmas? Either way will be full of risks. Who would want to own a football club? Not me.

James Henry's miss was the turning point. If we'd have equalised then, I do think we would have gone on to win the game.

Cannot understand why we didn't switch Holmes out to take on Junior Brown in the second half. The attacking 3 behind the striker were far less fluid than v Sunderland. Holmes looked pretty shot by the end of the game, think those minutes v Fulham were hampering him.

James Henry's miss was the turning point. If we'd have equalised then, I do think we would have gone on to win the game.

Cannot understand why we didn't switch Holmes out to take on Junior Brown in the second half. The attacking 3 behind the striker were far less fluid than v Sunderland. Holmes looked pretty shot by the end of the game, think those minutes v Fulham were hampering him.

Holmes looked shot from the start. Why he played against Fulham I do not understand at all. But if he was shot what does that make Mackie?
I thought Junior Brown had a good game. If he's been in our side it would not have made us any worse.

I was hoping for more from Mackie after recent reports that he'd been OK as the central striker, but have to admit that nothing I saw made me feel better about him. Given that he isn't up to speed, Smith hasn't had a flying start, Obika is (frankly) useless and Lopes just a kid, you have to wonder where the threat is going to come from centrally.

I was hoping for more from Mackie after recent reports that he'd been OK as the central striker, but have to admit that nothing I saw made me feel better about him. Given that he isn't up to speed, Smith hasn't had a flying start, Obika is (frankly) useless and Lopes just a kid, you have to wonder where the threat is going to come from centrally.

The three behind. Currently, the role of the lone striker is one to try and distract the CBs. Admittedly, Obika, Mackie, Smith are yet to do that consistently, but we would be kidding ourselves if we think they will be getting a majority of our goals. Its clear Henry/Whyte/Browne/Holmes carry our goal threat (of which there is little)

I thought someone would come up with that and yes, you would hope and expect the likes of Holmes and Henry to score a fair few. Browne and Whyte? Who knows. But the idea that you can have a central striker whose sole role is to lay the ball off to people behind him and distract the opposition seems like madness when we are at least supposed to be a team that plays with width. What happens when it is crossed to our non-scoring striker? Exactly what is happening at the moment - the square root of b****r all! We aren't good enough and the players we have aren't accomplished enough to accommodate a single striker as some sort of movable brick wall to bounce the ball off.

I thought someone would come up with that and yes, you would hope and expect the likes of Holmes and Henry to score a fair few. Browne and Whyte? Who knows. But the idea that you can have a central striker whose sole role is to lay the ball off to people behind him and distract the opposition seems like madness when we are at least supposed to be a team that plays with width. What happens when it is crossed to our non-scoring striker? Exactly what is happening at the moment - the square root of b****r all! We aren't good enough and the players we have aren't accomplished enough to accommodate a single striker as some sort of movable brick wall to bounce the ball off.

Im not suggesting the role Obika etc are playing is ideal, I would love to have a unit that can run the channels and score also...the reality is that Smith was the primary target, with Obika the main man for much of pre-season. We're lacking up top, thus I think the change in role for the striker.

The striking situation is ridiculous, im not sure how we are in this position, however we have to make do with what we have.

Great report, as ever Paul. Like you, I had also believed that we had turned the corner - had even been studying the table to see how high we would get with ever higher winning margins! Question is whether this was just a bump in the eventual road to recovery or a true reflection of where we really are. I want KR to succeed as that means most importantly that we are succeeding but he does worry me with the constant repetition that the players haven't done what he has told them to do - surely that is his most basic responsibility to get the team set up, understanding and at least trying to implement what they have been told to do. Like others, I worry for Saturday against Wycombe whilst hoping for the best.

The striking situation is ridiculous, im not sure how we are in this position, however we have to make do with what we have.
I certainly agree with that. I suspect a manager who was a little more flexible with his formation might well play a proper two up front - I could see Smith and Browne making a decent and quick pairing, with Holmes/Whyte/Henry wide, Baptiste and Hanson/Brannagan in midfield. Add in Norman bombing up one side (don't ask me about a left sided wing back, we are a bit knackered there as well!) and you've got a team that looks much more potent.

Back
Top Bottom