Fan's View - Charlton Away

I can't remember him being really exposed or chances created by Charlton due to him.
Individually there is still a bit of criticism about concerning our back 4 (possibly not Nelson) but as a unit they've not let in a goal from open play in 4 league games. They must be doing something right.

I think Mousinho playing just in front of them makes a massive difference, a very intelligent player, shame he got of stick last season from the fans probably didn't deserve most of it.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I think Mousinho playing just in front of them makes a massive difference, a very intelligent player, shame he got of stick last season from the fans probably didn't deserve most of it.

Yep. A very canny player. Tried to play out from the back too often last season but it was clear he was being heavily instructed to do so. A very valuable player to have sitting in front of the centre backs - he’s surprisingly quick over short distances too.

mous very impressive. both ruffels and eastwood messed up for the pen but all in all everyone put a good shift in.
Would have given Ricky MOM for constantly trying to get things happening.KR did very well with the subs for a change. Smith is the one piece in the jigsaw that needs to get going.

Wasn’t Mousinho a centre mid for most of his career before going to centre back relatively late? Seems a more natural position for him to me, never really convinced me at centre back, plus with him and Ruffles at the back you have two midfielders out of position.

My worry is if Nelson does leave in January, the plan will be to push Mous back into defence as his replacement. If that happens we’ll lose two key players instrumental in our revival, not just one.

My worry is if Nelson does leave in January, the plan will be to push Mous back into defence as his replacement. If that happens we’ll lose two key players instrumental in our revival, not just one.
I would think that there are two options. Keep Nelson to the end if the season or replace him if he leaves.
So as us always the case when players leave how good will the replacement be?

I would think that there are two options. Keep Nelson to the end if the season or replace him if he leaves.
So as us always the case when players leave how good will the replacement be?
So much is still up in the air at the moment and the situation regarding Nelson will reveal a lot about where this club is really going. If he leaves, there will be big question marks over it’s ambitions. Robinson again alluded to the club being on the threshold of a big future after the game but I believe the Thohir situation is key. I have a feeling it’s not running as smoothly as hoped. I know there’s been talk of him selling his shares at Milan before being announced here but Tiger said over a week ago that his arrival has been temporarily held up over a paperwork hitch and since then we’ve heard nothing. I wonder if the EFL have put the kibosh on it. If so I wonder how damaging that would be to Tiger, and the clubs, plans going forward.

Wasn’t Mousinho a centre mid for most of his career before going to centre back relatively late? Seems a more natural position for him to me, never really convinced me at centre back, plus with him and Ruffles at the back you have two midfielders out of position.
Yes he was. We have looked much better since he dropped out of and just in front of the back four. But conversely we improved massively and became the better team at the Valley when he moved back into the back four when Dickie went off.

So much is still up in the air at the moment and the situation regarding Nelson will reveal a lot about where this club is really going. If he leaves, there will be big question marks over it’s ambitions. Robinson again alluded to the club being on the threshold of a big future after the game but I believe the Thohir situation is key. I have a feeling it’s not running as smoothly as hoped. I know there’s been talk of him selling his shares at Milan before being announced here but Tiger said over a week ago that his arrival has been temporarily held up over a paperwork hitch and since then we’ve heard nothing. I wonder if the EFL have put the kibosh on it. If so I wonder how damaging that would be to Tiger, and the clubs, plans going forward.
I'm not sure that I agree with that?
We are unlikely to go up this season.
So if Nelsons contract is up at the end of the season and he has offers from Championship clubs he is likely to be off.
Nothing to do with where we are as a club. He will get a huge salary rise going to the Championship (which I reckon he will do very well in)
So we sell in January for say £500k or let him go at the end of the season for nothing.

I'm not sure that I agree with that?
We are unlikely to go up this season.
So if Nelsons contract is up at the end of the season and he has offers from Championship clubs he is likely to be off.
Nothing to do with where we are as a club. He will get a huge salary rise going to the Championship (which I reckon he will do very well in)
So we sell in January for say £500k or let him go at the end of the season for nothing.
True, his performances are improving quite dramatically as the season goes on. At the start he was a tad shaky ( not alone in that!) and coming off the back of a serious injury so the chance of a big move to the championship was quite remote but that’s changing now and we might have missed the boat. Very frustrating if it’s another case of getting somebody fit for someone else’s benefit, I still think if we want to push on and are as ambitious as people at the club keep telling us then we need to try our best to hang on to players like Nelson.

True, his performances are improving quite dramatically as the season goes on. At the start he was a tad shaky ( not alone in that!) and coming off the back of a serious injury so the chance of a big move to the championship was quite remote but that’s changing now and we might have missed the boat. Very frustrating if it’s another case of getting somebody fit for someone else’s benefit, I still think if we want to push on and are as ambitious as people at the club keep telling us then we need to try our best to hang on to players like Nelson.
Agree totally that we want to try and keep him but his contract runs out and there is no way that we could compete with Derby, Forest, WBA or even Brentford in L1.
The trick is to try and sell them with time on their contract left if they won't re-sign, but we couldn't do that with Nelson injury.

Ljs

Confusion....it's an age thing.

Thouroghly enjoyed yesterday. I even saw thin bloke FV smiling ? I look forward to his latest FV report later

Back
Top Bottom