Fan's view - Bury

For years we used to dream of playing in League 1. We used to look at Walsall and Fleetwood and think, Why not us?
Now we are here it's all a bit crap.
Speak for yourself. I remember going to support the club in the old first division and many years in the old second. Never dreamed we would sink back out of the league altogether or, be content with what is now the first division (old third)

We used to take the old 2nd Division for granted but now it seems like another planet.
We would be minnows in that league.

Well once we had an easy ride and always felt the same
Time was on our side and I had everything to gain
Let it be like yesterday
Please let me have happy days
Wont you tell me
Where have all the good times gone

Well once we had an easy ride and always felt the same
Time was on our side and I had everything to gain
Let it be like yesterday
Please let me have happy days
Wont you tell me
Where have all the good times gone

Will this depression last for long?

I hate it when we lose. But quite often one holds ones hands up and says, fair enough we were beaten by the better team. Occasionally, however, we get beat and it is such an utterly soul-destroyingly pitiful performance that one questions ones 40+ years of supporting our beloved club. Yesterday was the latter. I heard a bloke saying that yesterday was worse than the 7-0 and I could not have agreed with him more.

I played a bit of pub football in my teens / early 20s and was basically s**t. I have no idea what it takes to be a professional football manager. But I think I know one thing...if you get a free kick nearer to the half way line than your own 18 yard box, you should not 'coach' your players to play it sideways or pass it backwards, you should, should you not, 'coach' your players to play the ball forward.....to attack.....to threaten the opposing goal, 99 times out of 100. We seem to do that 1 time out of 100.

What an absolute shower of shite.

Don’t worry: Ruffles has it sorted. “We need to be better at scoring goals and stopping them.” There you go.

I think that was from his interview after the game. I heard that in the car on the way home. I don't know if any other players had been interviewed before him but I think he may well have been in shell shock too (like the fans) and fair play to him for facing the mic. Don't know what he could say really. Sometimes I think these interviews are pretty pointless but fans would go mad if we didn't have them.

I think that was from his interview after the game. I heard that in the car on the way home. I don't know if any other players had been interviewed before him but I think he may well have been in shell shock too (like the fans) and fair play to him for facing the mic. Don't know what he could say really. Sometimes I think these interviews are pretty pointless but fans would go mad if we didn't have them.
Yes; fair comment.

Hi Paul, thanks for the report, always a good read, well written, reasonable and fair assessment and interesting opinion. I don't bother reading the match day programme or the official match day report any more but your Fans View is a must read every Sunday. So don't let Mrs FV stop you from writing this valuable weekly report.

Any minute now Mr J. Out at a 60th as soon as arrived home and never got round to it properly yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom