Fan's View - Blackpool away

Yes indeed, a very welcome distraction from all the off pitch goings on!
What's the betting that the chairman's notes in the Scunny programme mention nothing else!

It was what I call a proper performance with players in familiar roles. Ok not scintillating all out attacking football but we need to be able to grind out 1-0 victories home and away whatever position we are in. I have rarely if ever felt we have been capable of that under KR.
My other point is that the issue with strikers has been that much more of a problem with playing just one up. I think this is incrdibly difficult, even at the top level. Would John Aldrige have been as successful playing in this system?

I stick by my (oft-repeated) opinion that any L1 striker who played as a lone striker and could gather, hold and lay the ball off, run the channels and score goals wouldn't be a L1 player for very long!

It was what I call a proper performance with players in familiar roles. Ok not scintillating all out attacking football but we need to be able to grind out 1-0 victories home and away whatever position we are in. I have rarely if ever felt we have been capable of that under KR.
My other point is that the issue with strikers has been that much more of a problem with playing just one up. I think this is incrdibly difficult, even at the top level. Would John Aldrige have been as successful playing in this system?

Probably not but we'll never know. Football has however moved on since Aldo's heyday.

I stick by my (oft-repeated) opinion that any L1 striker who played as a lone striker and could gather, hold and lay the ball off, run the channels and score goals wouldn't be a L1 player for very long!
Ivan Toney seems to do it really well, (Well maybe not yesterday)

Excellent write up as usual Paul.
Fantastic away support. It seemed to take Blackpool and their stewards by surprise (like last season)

Ivan Toney seems to do it really well, (Well maybe not yesterday)
He can do (some of that - on his day), although I would say that Peterborough do not leave him as isolated as our striker can be. He certainly scores goals and (although he is a terrible diver) a striker like him could have made a huge difference to our season.
Talking of that, did I hear Jerome or Nathan say before the game on Saturday that there was enough money to get a decent experienced striker in January but those we approached simply didn't want to come to the club? That's pretty damming if so, and I wonder if that was the league position, the manager or the financial instability? I suspect a mixture of all three.

He can do (some of that - on his day), although I would say that Peterborough do not leave him as isolated as our striker can be. He certainly scores goals and (although he is a terrible diver) a striker like him could have made a huge difference to our season.
Talking of that, did I hear Jerome or Nathan say before the game on Saturday that there was enough money to get a decent experienced striker in January but those we approached simply didn't want to come to the club? That's pretty damming if so, and I wonder if that was the league position, the manager or the financial instability? I suspect a mixture of all three.
Or maybe they just had bigger better options like Charlton or Portsmouth?

Thanks Paul.

I sincerely hope they are not, but if Cov get chucked out then that will presumably mean only 3 down not 4?

Back
Top Bottom