Fan's View Fan's View - Blackpool at home

as always a top FV

..... agree with you on the umbro OUFC home shirt circa '87, It was one of the better home shirts, and was in use during arguably the most successful period in Oxford United's history

my LEAST favoured OUFC shirts are the AC Milan type away shirt, thats been used twice, that ALL red abomination of an away shirt we had inflicted on us, I think during the 88/89 or 89/90 season and that red, white n blue away shirt catastrophy from, I think, during the 90s

I really look forward to your reports, both for games that I have attended myself and those that I have not been able to attend. Great work. Thank you.

Really good review.

Look forward to getting the answer to the mystery of the disappearing Ultra's. It would be a shame if they're gone for good.

As I understand i, it was one of the Ultra's birthday on Saturday, so they were on the P**s in Oxford before the game. I don't think there's anything more to the lack of flags on Saturday than this.

This is the paragraph that stood out.

Our attackers – and I’ll include anyone in that category who was attacking – behaved like kids in the primary school playground. I’m not passing to him because he didn’t pass to me. (Someone started it, and even then that’s no excuse). He’s not scoring a goal if I can’t. I want the glory. Utterly pathetic.

I couldn’t agree more. Pep, or one of the coaching staff need to sort this out PDQ.

Excellent post once again Paul B - & yes just like kids in the playground!!

Interesting thought Paul re the selfishness of some of our forwards. Whilst I might believe this of Thomas I tend to think that GVK doesn't have a footballing brain and is more of a head down player whojust doesn't see what is happening around him. Pity the Ox mail video highlights didnt show his miss at the start as we might get a better idea. Payne is definitely a lost soul out on the flanks offering no chance whatsoever of a whipped in cross. He does get bullied off the ball which considering their similar roles in the team is something that McGuire never did. In fact t was one of McGuire's strengths. Many on this forum are hankering after getting him back but I seem to recall that on his bad days he was often criticised for being greedy and slowing the game down. On balance and Payne's current form though I would probably favour McGuire out there - which of course isnt going to happen.

Interesting thought Paul re the selfishness of some of our forwards. Whilst I might believe this of Thomas I tend to think that GVK doesn't have a footballing brain and is more of a head down player whojust doesn't see what is happening around him. Pity the Ox mail video highlights didnt show his miss at the start as we might get a better idea. Payne is definitely a lost soul out on the flanks offering no chance whatsoever of a whipped in cross. He does get bullied off the ball which considering their similar roles in the team is something that McGuire never did. In fact t was one of McGuire's strengths. Many on this forum are hankering after getting him back but I seem to recall that on his bad days he was often criticised for being greedy and slowing the game down. On balance and Payne's current form though I would probably favour McGuire out there - which of course isnt going to happen.

Try Sky Sports highlights as they had the GVK miss.

Try Sky Sports highlights as they had the GVK miss.
Just watched and think it confirms my view. He never looks up or across to Thomas, he just glances back to his right to see where the Blackpool defender is.

Good read as ever Paul. But could you expand on why you think GVK was the biggest culprit of the attackers who failed to pass, when there were two similar instances in the second half (at least one was Thomas, the other may have been Obika)? Agree the whole thing is pathetic and needs Pep to nip in the bud, but isn’t the bigger culprit the one who doesn’t pass in retaliation to not receiving a pass. Add to that, GVK did create the chance himself out of his own charge down (not something commonly associated a lazy player, as some fans have labelled him).

GVK is far from a complete player and certainly not worth the 900k option at the end of the loan, but he does offer pace and strength, and we look more of an attacking threat with him in the team. And IMO he was probably MOM against MK in our previous game, so deserves some leeway.

Good read as ever Paul. But could you expand on why you think GVK was the biggest culprit of the attackers who failed to pass, when there were two similar instances in the second half (at least one was Thomas, the other may have been Obika)? Agree the whole thing is pathetic and needs Pep to nip in the bud, but isn’t the bigger culprit the one who doesn’t pass in retaliation to not receiving a pass. Add to that, GVK did create the chance himself out of his own charge down (not something commonly associated a lazy player, as some fans have labelled him).

GVK is far from a complete player and certainly not worth the 900k option at the end of the loan, but he does offer pace and strength, and we look more of an attacking threat with him in the team. And IMO he was probably MOM against MK in our previous game, so deserves some leeway.

Simply because I thought it was the most obvious one of the lot.

Back
Top Bottom