Fan's View - Blackpool at home

Don’t want to nit pick but Hanson was right back Paul :)

Not only are some of their names interesting Paul but quite a few of them were pretty useful players which explains why they are where they are in the league. I thought the right back was doing well against Browne until he went off injured and the left sided winger was also very effective in the first half. It was their finishing which let them down (plus two excellent last ditch interventions by Ruffels). I don’t see what Browne would gain by moving to a Championship side in January. Here he has developed a lot and providing he is fit will play every week which I am not sure he would be guaranteed in a higher league. I would agree with you though on Nelson who I think would be a significant loss despite some earlier patchy performances. Together he and Dickie have been immense over the past 10 games.

Not only are some of their names interesting Paul but quite a few of them were pretty useful players which explains why they are where they are in the league. I thought the right back was doing well against Browne until he went off injured and the left sided winger was also very effective in the first half. It was their finishing which let them down (plus two excellent last ditch interventions by Ruffels). I don’t see what Browne would gain by moving to a Championship side in January. Here he has developed a lot and providing he is fit will play every week which I am not sure he would be guaranteed in a higher league. I would agree with you though on Nelson who I think would be a significant loss despite some earlier patchy performances. Together he and Dickie have been immense over the past 10 games.

Their right back was superb at diving headers. :)

Liam Feeney impressed me in the 1st half giving Whyte and Hanson a hard time. Happily because of Turton getting injured they moved him to right back in the 2nd half.

As fans we need to be patient when players are returning from injury. They don't recapture their previous top form immediately. I'll admit that I wondered if he would ever get back towhat he was such was the extent of the injury he suffered and the length of time he was out.

Thanks Paul.
Whilst I agree with your comments on Nelson and he would be a big miss, I still wonder whether he is not quite the standard he was before his injury? He was poor by his standard at Peterborough?
With regard to KR I would think that most recognise what he has done but there seem to be some who have written him off and still affectionately call him Gobbo!!

Another good report Paul.
If Nelson continues to refuse to sign a new contract I would say it is almost certain he will be off & probably in January.

Another good report Paul.
If Nelson continues to refuse to sign a new contract I would say it is almost certain he will be off & probably in January.

Unfortunately that might well be the case but it is hard to blame him. Potential to earn more at a bigger club, shortish career etc. - the old arguments.

I'd like to think we offer him a fairly lucrative extended contract now but on the undertsanding that if a bid of some agreed amount comes in during the summer we sell, provided Nelson (and agent) are happy with the club making the offer and the deal they are willing to give him. Can't see it happening though.

I wonder what KR's plans are to replace him in the team.

Unfortunately that might well be the case but it is hard to blame him. Potential to earn more at a bigger club, shortish career etc. - the old arguments.

I'd like to think we offer him a fairly lucrative extended contract now but on the undertsanding that if a bid of some agreed amount comes in during the summer we sell, provided Nelson (and agent) are happy with the club making the offer and the deal they are willing to give him. Can't see it happening though.

It wouldn't surprise me if KR's plan will be to try any persuade Tiger to turn down any offers and worry about it in the summer!

I think bringing Raglan on for Dickie could be him(Kr) a chance to look at him in case Nelson goes and a replacement is not readily available for transfer

Back
Top Bottom