Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.8 - Wimbledon away

One assumes the bland, blank rear wall above the home end is so designed, to enable the installation of a two tier stand

Very interested in your Jack Stevens / Simon Eastwood comment, Paul. The same thought has ever so gently crossed my mind since the start of the season, although I would stick with Jack for the moment, I think.

Very interested in your Jack Stevens / Simon Eastwood comment, Paul. The same thought has ever so gently crossed my mind since the start of the season, although I would stick with Jack for the moment, I think.
If a reason for putting Eastwood in goal is for him to be dominant at corners or crosses, then I can't believe they have seen him play!

If a reason for putting Eastwood in goal is for him to be dominant at corners or crosses, then I can't believe they have seen him play!
Exactly my thoughts as well. No chance should Jack be dropped anytime soon...the only reason he is sticking out somewhat is that he hasn't quite reached the lofty heights of last season, where he was among the top keepers in the league.

One assumes the bland, blank rear wall above the home end is so designed, to enable the installation of a two tier stand
On the Wimbledon tickets thread, a Wombles fans says the original plans were for a wrap-around bowl to the same height as their main stand. I hope they do get to complete the ground, and thought the temporary stands a decent compromise. (As opposed to our fence end / Gillingham's scaffold uncovered stand)

Nice write up as always, Paul.

I would encourage you to dip into the EFL Trophy defeat. Three set piece goals conceded there. Eastwood was the one in goal for them too.

Yes, a very different team to the one that will play league fixtures but it does suggest that the defensive issues may be endemic to the squad rather than just the 14 players who turned out on the pitch at Plough Lane on Saturday.

It was no more than a passing thought in response to Paul B's comment, ljs. I've seen Eastwood play on around 150 occasions, both good and not so good.

It was no more than a passing thought in response to Paul B's comment, ljs. I've seen Eastwood play on around 150 occasions, both good and not so good.

Mine was about the same too. I was just throwing it out there. I don't think Easty was that great at coming for high balls at all but perhaps not as bad as some would have. JS this season seems about the same level but last season I thought him better than that. It is obviously not just about the keeper but the whole defence as a unit. Which perhaps brings us back to the height of Elliott Moore.

Mine was about the same too. I was just throwing it out there. I don't think Easty was that great at coming for high balls at all but perhaps not as bad as some would have. JS this season seems about the same level but last season I thought him better than that. It is obviously not just about the keeper but the whole defence as a unit. Which perhaps brings us back to the height of Elliott Moore.
Do they make platform football boots? ;)

Last season Stevens seemed to spread calm to the extent that I was no longer nervous when we conceded a corner, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this season.

Back
Top Bottom